EPISODE 26: AN HORRIFIC SIGHT.

SACRED_OATHS

Author: Samuel Frederick

Episode 26: AN HORRIFIC SIGHT.

__________

We left the hospital that moment as Boma ordered. Even though I felt that he behaved too rash by ignoring the elderly woman in the ward, I also knew that he was doing everything for my protection. I understood how he must have felt to lose me for three straight days. I couldn't expect less from him.

Outside of the hospital, a black van awaited us there. I was asked to take the last row of the seats, while Boma sat at my right hand side, and Simon at my left, then we took off!

It was a rather silent drive back home for all of us. We were about eight or more people in the van, yet it remained silent as midnight. I was getting so uncomfortable with their unusual silence and their persistent stares on me, so I was prompted to ask, “What is going on here?”

“I asked you before, who did this to you?” Boma inquired, rubbing the bruises on my hand for emphasis.

“I was kidnapped.” I answered.

Immediately I said that, almost everyone’s eyes widened and their stares became intense. Boma’s facial expression changed to a frown as he directed his gaze at Simon.

“Did you hear that? Didn’t I tell you?” He asked, yelling at Simon.

“Didn’t I tell you to waste that idiot the last time we crossed paths? Have you seen the consequences of your actions?” Boma continued, almost shouting this time around. He looked really angry.

“Guy calm down, please.” A guy said from the front row. “Cool your temper.”

“You’re very stupid.” Boma retorted with anger. “Have you gone blind, or can’t you see my girl’s body? Take a good look at her skin for God’s sake!”

All of a sudden, Bauchi who sat a row before us, turned around and held Boma’s shoulder with force.

“Boss man,” he said, looking directly into Boma’s eyes, “just try to calm down a bit. We all know how painful this situation is, but no be only you the thing dey pain. We dey feel am too, badly.” He tried to console Boma as best as he could. With those words of his, Boma’s anger seemed to drop gradually.

“Big Tiny did this to you, didn’t he?” Simon who had been quiet all along, finally talked, referring to me. I nodded at that.

“How do you know him?” I asked, a little bit confused.

“I know the idiot.” He answered. “He killed one of our men this same way he kidnapped you. We caught him once and gave him a brutal beating, but I later spared his life. I asked him to go. I had hoped he would deliver a message to whoever sent him, and that they would all learn their lessons, but I regret taking that action now!”

“Mm. But why don’t we report to the police?” I suggested.

And at once, all their gazes fell on me as though I’d just said something stupid.

“Police?” Simon repeated. I nodded with raised eyebrows.

“Even the so-called police are in line with these people. I don’t think you know who these guys are. They have connections everywhere!” He explained, looking out the car window. “You have no idea who we are up against, Fifi. It’s nearly impossible for just anyone to contend with them and live to tell the story.”

“This is serious.” I mumbled, wagging my head, baffled. “So what do we do now?”

“First of all, you need adequate treatment for your wounds.” Boma interrupted before Simon could speak. “Secondly, you can’t go back to your house.” He finalized, and I looked at him abruptly.