EPISODE 35: THE PLAN.

SACRED_OATHS

Author: Samuel Frederick

Episode 35: THE PLAN.

__________

Time was not on our side, so we had to utilize it in the best possible way we could. We needed a plan—a very solid plan for that matter.

As far as my initiation to the cult was concerned, it’d been settled, and I’d officially become one of them. I watched how Boma’s corpse got burnt to ashes before my very eyes, and as a tribute to his legacy, I swore an oath to the fraternity to lead and carry on from where he stopped.

However, one thing I noticed was that, the moment I woke up the next day after the night of my initiation, everything suddenly changed. As I entered the kitchen to get some water to drink, two guys who were already sitting there drinking and smoking away their sorrows, stood up with their hands up, hailing me and making way for me to pass. I thought that was the height of it until I came across another guy downstairs that almost bowed before me. I was surprised at the level of respect being addressed to me all of a sudden.

Nevertheless, aside from all of that, we still needed a plan.

So, three days later, I summoned a meeting downstairs, knowing that I was now strong enough to address everyone. And by the time I arrived in the living room, barely getting off the last two stairs, loud voices of hailings and chants of praises welcomed me. I greeted them in return and sat beside Bauchi on the sofa. Almost immediately, he stood up, fidgeting like he’d just been bitten by an ant.

“Why did you stand up?” I asked, surprised.

“How I go dey share seat with Boss Lady na? I dey craze?” He responded jovially, and we all laughed.

What a great way to kick off our gathering. I could tell that they were all glad to see me back to life, judging from their concerned looks, even though neither of us had really healed yet.

“Bauchi, please seat down.” I said softly, and he sat back with a smile. Afterwards, a long, awful silence engulfed the air.

“I guess we all know why I called for this meeting,” I began, burying the awkward silence.

They all nodded, and I continued: “So how far have we gone with getting vital information? Time is not on our side!”

“We have information already,” Simon chipped in. “It’s about Senator Randy and Lady Tee’s location. We know how to find them.”

Simon’s report was like music to my ears! All eyes were on him now, especially mine. I had all my attention on him.

“They’ve planned to hold an event tonight at a very big and luxurious hotel,” he continued, “and, according to my source, it’s meant to be a huge occasion with lots of armed bodyguards and experienced police officers. The security at the event would be top notch. It’ll be too tight for us.”

“So how do we get in?” I asked. “Any ideas?”

Bloodshed!” Simon replied.

“How do you mean?”

“There’s going to be heavy bloodshed, lots and lots of it!” He responded.

“No, no! I don’t agree with that. What about the innocent people that’ll be there?” I objected, shaking my head for emphasis. “I think I have a better alternative.”

“Okay. What do you suggest?”

“A distraction. I think we should find a way to distract the bodyguards and the police instead. If we can do that smartly, we’ll have easy access to the place.” I said.

“Boss Lady you have a point there,” a guy commented. “I have some girls that can help us get the job done, simple and clean without traces. They are about fifteen in number: very smart, agile and crafty ladies. But the only problem is that they don’t settle for less in terms of payment. They charge very high.”

“Leave that to me,” I said, rubbing my palms slowly, knowing that we could afford it as a result of the bag of cash that Boma had stashed in his room’s cabinet, as though he knew that it would come in handy someday. “So how do we get in contact with them?”

“I can invite them over if you like,” he said.

“No, don’t bring them here, it could be risky. Do you know where they live?”

“Like the back of my hand!” He answered.

“Okay, first thing by six on the dot you would lead us to where they stay. We would go with the van. Is that acceptable for everyone?”

They all nodded in agreement.

“I guess that is all for now. Thank you all for your time!” I said and stood up.

Immediately I did so, they all started chanting, hailing, and praising me as I left their presence.

__________

Moments later, at six on the dot, we left the house. Godwin, the guy who was meant to lead us to our destination, was our driver.

In less than an hour, we arrived at the place. It was a vast under-developed area with muddy streets and extremely dirty swamps, coupled with potholes on the roads. We couldn’t drive past them, so we had to park the van at a safe spot and walk.

Soon, we got to a building next to a lake and Godwin led us into the compound. At long last, we met with the people we came for.

We made a deal with them that if the plan worked out as we expected it to, they would be rewarded individually—maybe even more than what we bargained for—and they agreed.

All hell was about to break loose tonight!