Chapter 2

Zayn's POV

I told myself that after practice I would go make sure that kid was alright. I know how much damage a football can do, I've had two concussions for proof one hit isn't always the best.

I've never actually talked to the poor kid. Everyone just kind of knew he was there, but no one made and attempt to talk to him because they thought he was too stupid to understand them. He doesn't talk, we're not sure if he knows how to, actually. But, I'll try to talk to him. He doesn't look like he's incapable of understanding me, he's probably just a bit behind the rest of us boys and that's why he doesn't talk to us. How is he supposed to make a conversation with people that are a year ahead of his mentality? He can't, but I don't mind because he's still a person and people need to be treated equal no matter what.

I got my clothes changed and ran back out to the pitch. When I saw the blonde boy he wasn't smiling like he normally does, but crying. I ran over to him, wanting to see what he was crying over. I made it to where he was now sitting in the dirt, and saw in his two hands he had the body of his superman toy in one and a leg of it in the other.

I sat next to him and reached my hand out to him. His wet blue eyes looked at me as some tears fell and he looked down at the toy in his hands.

"Can I see it?" I asked him quietly. He let a small squeak leave his mouth as I gently nudged his hand. The cute sound made me smile and scoot closer to him. He handed me the broken toy, then sat up on his knees to get a better look. I looked at the toy and saw all I had to do was snap the leg back in place, it was nothing for this cutie to cry over.

"Well this isn't bad at all. See? I just have to put it back on him." I showed him and popped it back in place, making him cover his eyes and squeak again. All I could do was look at him with a smile, a light chuckle leaving my mouth. I slowly moved his hands down from his face, questioning the warm feeling going across the pit of my stomach.

I looked at his uncovered face as I let go of his hands and saw a small bruse starting to form on the bridge of his nose. My smiled fell as guilt washed through my veins. I only felt that way for a few seconds before the boy looked at the fixed toy in my hands and smiled so brightly, his tears on his cheeks seemed to dissappear. He gently took the toy back and looked at it like he was actually looking at the real life Superman.

"Thank you." He whispered to me, making me jump a little at the fact he could actually speak. Just those two words made me feel just as happy as he looked.

"Anytime. What's your name, cutie? Or should I just call you that instead." I asked him and poked his sides, hoping a giggle would leave his mouth. When I got one, along with a light blush, I felt the rest of my guilt leave my body to be replaced with the feeling of happiness.

"Niall." He whispered and covered his face as it got redder. I have no clue why he's blushing so much. I looked down to make sure my dick wasn't hanging out or my clothes were on the wrong way

When eveything checked out fine, I looked back up to see Niall peeking through his fingers at me only to close them when I looked at him.

"You're silly!" I laughed at him, then poked his side again to get that sound from his lips. Niall... I guess the name fits him. It was short and sweet, just like him.

"Not silly..." He told me moving his hands. In some of the words he would say, I heard an accent that wasn't quite British. Maybe he had a speech problem, he doesn't talk to anyone so no one knows. I guess that's why I feel kind of special that he's talking to me.

"I think you are. I'm Zayn, by the way." His eyes lit up after I said my name making me feel slight confusion of what exactly he was so thrilled about. the ways his mind works made me want to know so much more about him.

"It starts with a Z!" He said excitedly and jumped up and down on his knees a little. I laughed at how happy that made him and was about to ask him why that made him so happy, but the bell rang for lunch. Niall's smile dropped and he looked down at his toy.

"Bye bye to Zayn." He whispered sadly, then stood up. I got up too and tried to see why he was so sad, but I got my answer when my three best friends started yelling at me to hurry up after walking out of the locker rooms. I thought of asking Niall to come with me for lunch because he's just too cute to leave, but he smiled again and started walking the opposite direction of the way to the cafeteria.

"I'll see you later, right Niall?" I asked him loudly, making him turn to face me. He just smiled and nodded then continued to walk away. I ran to my friends and saw them all looking at me strange.

"Why were you talking to the retard?" Louis asked making my other friend, Liam, hit him in the back of the head. Liam was the closest to me, he knew everything about me even a secret that I've kept from everyone at this boarding school. He knows the reason why I'm at a boarding school and not at home. Louis rolled his eyes and rubbed the back of his head. Harry just kept his green eyes on me as he huffed at Louis stupid comment.

"He's not retarded. Don't say that word either, I hate it." I defended Niall, even though I had just met him. I felt like it was the least I could do for him because most the time I stand by and watch him get bullied.

"Whatever, let's just get food." Louis said and grabbed Harry by the hand, dragging him off to go get lunch. Liam stayed behind with me and placed a hand on my shoulder, calming me down from really wanting to go punch Louis for saying such a nasty word.

"What's he like?" The brown eyed boy asked me as we started walking. I tried to think of words to describe him or to explain how I already knew he wasn't like us and probably never will be, but one word popped into my mind and stuck like super glue. It was the only word to describe the boy I was infatuated with. The boy I tried to impress on the pitch so I could see his smile. I looked at Liam with a smile and that warm feeling in my gut as I spoke.

"He's adorable." Liam squeezed my shoulder and nodded at my words. I decided to continue to take about the blue eyed boy as we walked to the cafeteria. I just couldn't get enough of saying his name or repeating what he says that is adorable.

I don't know what this feeling is, I've never had it in my life. It felt like my stomach was going to burst with joy, but I didn't know where that was coming from. I just ignored the questions and enjoyed the feelings as I talked about the boy making me feel all these new things, secretly hoping I could talk to him very soon.

A/N: sorry there's not as fast updates yet, I'm super busy with my dance team, choir, school and drama but I'm trying so hard guys! Should I continue this? Comment / Vote!
                              - Bri;)