Chapter 3

Zayn's POV

Liam and I got our Food and went to go sit at our normal table; the table with all the jocks and cheerleaders. I didn't see why it was such a big deal that everyone be separated into their own group and if you don't fit into one, you're automatically someone who's bullied and made fun of. To me it makes me sick, but to everyone else it's just the way things work.

"Zayn! You ready for team movie night?" Josh, who was back up keeper, asked me as I at down.

"I don't know if I'll be able to make it. I have some homework I haven't done and we all know what Sunday is." Everyone at the table started laughing at my joke, even though I knew it wasn't even the least but funny. Sometimes I really hate myself for the things I do to fit in. Sunday's are usually all of the teams party day or day to get high as fuck. It's almost like a goodbye to the weekend, and a middle finger to the rest of the week.

"Well, if you finish now you can still come." Louis told me from beside me. I just rolled my eyes at him, still angry, and started eating the food on my tray. I felt a soft hand on my leg under the and I moved my leg away. I looked at Louis, who I knew placed it there, and gave him a death look. His blue eyes looked at me like he was sorry, but I just can't deal with him sometimes.

"Zayn, I'm sorry. I didn't know that would upset you so much." He told me in a low voice so only we could hear each other. I shook my head and  looked away from him, feeling guilt wash over me just from looking in his eyes.

"Don't do it again... ever." I told him and started to clean up whatever I hadn't eaten. I felt Louis' hot breath on my neck then he whispered in a deep yet breathy tone in my ear.

"I'll make it up to you..." I stood up and shook my head. I knew what he ment, I just didn't want it today.

"I'm going to go do my homework. I'll try to see you guys later." All my team mates said bye to me, except for Louis who was waiting for me to answer what he put on the table but I feel like I did enough.

As I walked through the halls back to my room, I heard a loud thud and a familiar squeak. I walked around the corner to see Niall against the wall, being held by some guy I have math with.

"Stay out of my way, stupid! No one wants you here to wander the halls and run into people! Grow up already!" He yelled in Niall's face. I saw Niall lift his little hand and gently placed it on boys arm that was holding him pinned to the wall, giving him a small smile. The guy dropped the grip he had on Niall and slapped the small boy across the face.

"Hey! What's your problem!? He was trying to say sorry, idiot!" I yelled and moved forward to push the boy away from Niall. He rolled his eyes at me and stormed off down the hall, mumbling how normal people use words.

I turn and looked at Niall, who had a angry red hand print on his cheek, but the biggest smile on his face. I went over to him and looked over the hand print.

"I have, uh, a cold pack in my room for that. You want to come?" I asked him, feeling weird about asking him to come to my room. I felt his little hand slip into mine and took that as a yes.

My hand felt like it was about to fall off with he amount of sparks going through it as I guided him to my dorm room. I was sure it had nothing to do with static electricity and eveything to do with the fact his hand was so soft, gentle and small in mine.

We made it to my door and I dropped his hand to open it, also to stop that feeling. I liked it, but for some reason it made me feel like I was doing something wrong.

When we walked into my room he stayed at the door as I went to go find the cold pack I had in the mini fridge Liam and I kept in here. I turned around after getting it out and saw he was making his superman toy fly in small circles. I smiled and sat on my bed, and pat a space next to me. He giggled then padded over to me and jumped on the bed. I laughed then made him turn his cheek so I could put the cold pack on it.