Chapter 24

Zayn's POV

After the announcement came over the loud speaker, I tried to run to the door but I was blocked by Mr.Cowell standing in front of me.

"No! I need to get Niall! He's out there and he could get hurt!" I yelled in his face as I tried to run to the door again. Harry grabbed me and tacked me to the floor as Mr.Cowell kneeled down in front of me. I was full on throwing a fit, but I didn't care. Niall wasn't where he was supposed to be, and that was with me. I kicked my legs to get Harry off me and I started to crawl using my hands and elbows to get to the door. Of course, I have a six foot tall boy on me so I didn't really go anywhere. I just looked like I was scratching the concrete floor under me.

"Let me go!" I screamed, but Harry slapped his hand over my mouth the muffle my cries and screems. After doing this for about ten minutes, I realized it's not getting Niall back to me so I calmed myself down as best as I could. It wasn't much, there was still panic in me, but I stoped crying and screaming.

"Zayn, other teachers know the drill in the event of a lock down. He's probably in someone else's class room, but you have to stay here. I can't have you running around like a maniac." Mr.Cowell told me very quietly and calmly. Right now he was everything I wasn't. All I wanted was to run out of the classroom to find my boyfriend, but there we're so many people stopping me. I just had to trust that a teacher has Niall safe in a classroom or Niall is smart enough to hurry back here.

Everyone in the room went to go behind Mr.Cowell's desk as he went to go make sure the door was closed good enough. Harry got off me and helped me over to the desk, making sure I wouldn't make a break for it. Louis shuffled in behind the desk right beside me because we were the last people in class to actually hide. I looked over at him, seeing he was very nicely beat up, but I didn't feel any satisfaction from it. I did that and I scared Niall. If it weren't for me, Niall would be safe. I never wanted to scare Niall, but I managed to do that.

Louis looked over at me and took a deep breath. That was the only noise you could hear in the quiet classroom, that and my beating heart for being terrified for Niall. Louis and I continued to look at each until he stuck his hand out to me. I looked down at it, then up at his slowing brusing eyes.

"I'm sorry, Zayn... I just thought we had something even though I knew in my heart we never would. I'm sorry for all the shit I put you through. I thought I could worm my way into your heart like Niall did. I didn't even think you loved him, not until I just saw you fall apart. I feel the love you have for him and I feel like a stupid ass hole for ever thinking you didn't and you could love me. I'm sorry." Louis whispered to me quietly. I nodded, then took his hand, giving it a shake before letting go. I knew he was sorry, but I wasn't going to forgive him.

"I accept your apology, but I can't forgive you yet. It's just... You've been hurting so many people to get what you want, but never got it. I know you're sorry, but sometimes sorry isn't enough." I told him just as quietly. He nodded, then looked away from me.

We all sat in the dark room hiding behind the desk, thinking maybe this was a controlled lock down, but soon we all knew it wasn't when we heard the first gun shot somewhere a bit away from our classroom.

I jumped up and went to the door, pushing Mr.Cowell out of the way and running out into the hall. This could be the stupidest thing I would ever do, but I needed Niall. Now that I knew this was much more serious than just an intruder on campus, this was a school shooting.

I slowly crept down the hall making sure my back was to a wall and looking over my shoulder. My goal was to make it to the bathroom where I knew Niall would probably hide if he got scared. I made it to the corner of the hallway and peaked around when I saw a dark figure turn down a different hallway.