Chapter 11

Zayn's POV

I spent the rest day in Niall's room with my head hurting pretty badly. Niall would play with his toys or color some things for me to feel better. I told him earlier this morning to get ready for school, but he told me he wanted to stay with me because I still had hurt spots. He's really sweet for staying and I was actually glad about it. I liked having access to cuddle him whenever I wanted or whenever he would get bored with with he was doing he would come talk to me.

I looked at the clock and saw it was almost time for football practice. I was really thinking about not going because that means I have to see Louis' stupid face, also my team has to see my stupid face.

I got out of Niall's bed and looked down at him sitting on the floor with his Superman toy. I'm thinking that's his favorite toy because that's all he ever plays with. It's cute to watch him him play. He's completely silent, but his face shows everything that's going through his mind as he makes the little plastic toy fly and flip through the air. Sometimes, I wish I had the simplicity of his mind. I know if I did I definitely wouldn't be in the predicament I am in now.

"W-where is Zayn going?" Niall asked me as I started to make my way to the bathroom. I turned around and looked at his worried blue eyes and gave him a smile.

"I have to get to practice soon. Are you going to come watch ?" Niall nodded immediately and followed me into the bathroom. I wasn't sure what he was doing, but I let him come with me. He sat on the closed toilet seat while I took off the band aids on my face that he place the previous night. My lip was swollen and brused. My cheek had a fist print bruse on it, along with a cut that I had no clue how it got there. I really looked bad, but I wasn't going to tell anyone what actually happened even if they asked.

"Um..." Niall said quietly, making me look away from my ugly face in the mirror. He was just standing there, then quickly made his way to me. He placed a clumsy kiss on my brused cheek at the exact spot where I had a bruse. When he pulled back from me, his hands went to his stomach and he smiled.

"It's fluffy." He giggled and blushed a bright red. I smiled at him and placed my hands over his.

"Do you want me to show you what makes you feel more fluffy?" I asked him while taking a step closer to him. He thought about my words, then nodded. I started to lean in to his sweet lips, keeping eye contact with him incase I saw anything in his eyes that he wanted me to stop or if he got confused. Just as I got two centimeters from getting to taste his lips, I heard my name being called.

"Zayn?" I closed my eyes and took a step back from a very confused looking Niall. I felt horrible for making him look that confused. I should have explained what I wanted to do, but mostly I shouldn't have even wanted to do it. That's taking something that doesn't belong to me. I'm not worthy of being his first kiss.

"Zayn?" Liam called my name again and ended up being right in front of the bathroom door. He was already out of his school uniform and in some workout clothes for practice. I quickly moved out of the bathroom, not wanting to look Niall in the eyes or talk to Liam. I don't want to deal with that right now.

I went straight to my room and threw on some football shorts and a tank top. I left my room in a hurry to get to my football locker, but just when I got to the locker room my coach got a glimpse of my face and stepped in front of me.

"Malik, what the hell happened to your face?" He ordered me, not even in a tone of asking or worry. I looked down at the floor so he couldn't see my face anymore, but he gently grabbed my chin and made me face him.

"Zayn, what happened to your face?" He asked me again, but this time I could tell he was concerned.

"Nothing. A-a fight. I have to get my gear on." I mumbled out and tried to side step him, but I forgot that he played football for the England National League and had the reflexes of a tiger. He stood in front of me, blocking any way I could move and looked at me.