Chapter 19

Zayn's POV

"You have reached the voice mail box of-" I hung up the phone after making my millionth call to Liam over these two weeks of our spring break. I don't know what to think of him ignoring me. I know he's doing it purposely because no one can just not answer you're phone when it's been ringing none stop for two weeks with calls and texts.

"Zayn, you ready to go?" My mum asked me as she walked into my room. Niall was saying bye to my sisters, who absolutely fell in love with the Irish boy. Throughout the weeks I think they've spent more time with him than they have with me. I've been busy trying to call Liam and get an answer from him of why he wasn't going to be back at school or if it was actually true. This was supposed to be the best spring break ever, but it ended up being one that I wish I could forget.

Yes, I had fun with Niall and made some great memories with him like our first kiss but after the first day I've been worried about Liam. I hate that I've probably been ignoring my boyfriend, but I needed answers to why my best friend was just leaving without telling me goodbye.

I stood up from my bed and walked over to my mum. She knew about this whole mess, so she knew I didn't really enjoy my time at home. I gave her a shrug and put my phone back in my pocket. She placed her hand on my back and gave me a weak smile.

"I'm sure it's for a good reason, Zayn. He'll probably tell you when you get back because he wants to do it in person. He's a nice lad and he's your best friend, you mean allot more to him that to just walk out." She told me with a sincere tone, but I shook my head at her and started walking out of the door to my room. She's said this to me before.

"Just like how I ment so much to dad and he just walked out?" I asked her, then went to go find Niall. I wanted to leave and get back to school to see if Liam's stuff was gone or if he would be there getting it. Really, I wanted to know if the boy I called my brother was a coward and left without a goodbye.

I found Niall at the front door getting smothered in hugs and kisses from my sisters. I smiled at him slightly when he made cute little squeaks and giggles while they said their goodbyes. He saw me and ran over to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"Save me from them, Zayn!" He squeaked. I took a deep breath, then kissed the top of his head. I didn't want to take out my worries on him by ignoring him, but I feel so guilty because I know I have been.

"I've got you, baby." I told him as I wrapped my arms around him. My sisters smiled brightly at me, then came and pat my back.
"Bye, Zayn. It was really fun getting to know your boyfriend." Doniya told me, then left the room as I saw tears gathering in her eyes. After Safaa died, our relationship suffered greatly and it hasn't been the same but we both love each other to pieces. We both just haven't had time to see each other and talk about our problems because we both go away for school. Yeah, we Skype and call but it's not anything that's going to mend our realationship.

"You're going to come back soon, right?" Waliyah asked me as she gave me a hug when Niall let go of me. I nodded and kissed her cheek.

"I'll see you this summer when we get out." I assured her then my mum came in the room with a sad look on her face. She didn't like when I had to go back to school because I don't really keep in contact with her that well. I guess you could say our whole family fell apart after her death, but we just ignore it and try our hardest to move on.

We all left the house in silence, Niall just held my hand tightly as we walked to the car. He looked like he didn't feel the tension and sadness in the air. I opened the car for him and climbed into the passenger seat after he was in and I made sure he was buckled. My mum started the car and took a deep breath before driving away from the home I hated more than anything. I hate that house because I will never rid my memory of what happened there. I just wanted to leave this place already and go back to school where I would have to deal with some guy I made a mistake with and another guy that I trusted with everything I had only for him to leave. At least I still had Niall, for now at least.