Chapter 17

Zayn's POV

Throughout the four hour drive home, Niall looked out the window and slept. He didn't talk much to my mum and he didn't even try to, but I was fine with that. He looked happy, but he still had this sadness in his eyes that made me hurt for him. I knew he wanted to go home to see his family, or whoever I'm guessing treats him better than his parents. I just hope he can enjoy the two weeks with me.

When we drove up to my house, Niall was sound asleep. My mum parked in the driveway of our Bradford house and looked in the back seat where Niall was, then looked to me where I was sitting in the passenger seat.

"Is he...?" I knew what she was asking, but I didn't want to ever admit it. I looked down and nodded slowly. She let out a deep breath and got my hand in hers.

"Don't use him to try to replace her. The accident happened years ago, sweetheart. None of us wanted to ever move on or forget, but we did. We didn't forget her, but we didn't try to replace her. He deserves to be treated as his own person." My mum told me slowly. I looked up at her and shook my head frantically because she was wrong. I like Niall for being Niall. I'm not replacing her, I'm not ever going to do that.

"I like Niall. I moved on from what happened and I know it was an accident. I'm fine with it now, just... he's slower than even she was. He's just so sweet, I don't want him getting hurt by anyone any more. The things he tells me about his life at home or seeing how people make fun if him and he just smiles at them, it makes me sick. I'm not replacing her, I'm following my heart with him." My mum wiped a tear that had fallen, then reached over to hug me. I hugged her back and kissed her cheek.

"I'm so proud of you." She whispered to me. I knew she was always wanting me to make the right decision, but I still don't know when I did make the right ones. This is the only one I've made that I knew in my heart was right, no matter what anyone else says.

We let go of each other and I went to get Niall awake, while mum went inside to tell my sisters about Niall. I got in the back seat of the car and looked over his face for a few seconds, then leaned in and put kisses everywhere. He opened his blue eyes confused, then he smiled at me and giggled.

"Zayn!" He whined at me and wrapped his arms around me. I gave him one last kiss on the tip of his nose, then moved back. He was looking at me with his big blue eyes like he was looking at Superman. He does this allot, but I don't think I'll ever get used to it.

"We're here, let's go inside so you can meet my sisters. I have two of them. They're really nice." I told him as I climbed out of the car first, then held my hand out for him. He took it and got out of the car. I got our bags from the trunk, then we made our way inside.

"Zayn!" My older sister squealed when I walked in. I set the bags down and opened my arms for Doniya to come hug me. I hadn't seen her in what felt like forever. She's in college now and I'm in a boarding school, so I don't see her much to her than the occasional Skype. Waliyah walked in the room and gave me a calmer hug, but it was just as tight. I just realized how much I missed my family.

"So, this is my boyfriend Niall. Niall, these are my two sisters. The short one is Waliyah and the taller one is Doniya." I told him, making the girls wave at him and him just waving back, hiding behind me more. I turned and smiled at him so he knew he was alright and had nothing to be shy about.

"Why don't you two boys go up to Zayn's room and get situated. I'll order a pizza for dinner." My mum told us both. We listened and I got our bags and started leading Niall down the hall to my room. He was just looking around the halls at the pictures we had hanging up and smiling at them.

When we got to my room, I put our bags down and flopped on my bed that I really missed. It was so much bigger than the twin beds we had in our dorm rooms. I found it funny the morning I woke up with Niall practically laying on top of me with Liam smashed to the wall. He's such a little guy that we all three fit, but it wasn't something I would do again.