Chapter 12

Zayn's POV

"Zayn! You've read this four times now! How can you not remember what it says?" Mr.Cowell huffed in frustration with me. I think he's starting to rethink his whole tutoring every Sunday thing, and it's only our first tutoring session.

Niall has just been sitting here giggled every time I got something wrong or don't read things the way I should. Mr.Cowell is trying to teach me skills to over come my dyslexia, but so far it's just resulted in me reading the same line in a book over and over again. He's already having a hard time working with me and we've only been in our tutoring session for forty minutes.

"It know I've read it four time, but that still doesn't make the words stop dancing like happy little leprechauns!" I told him and poked Niall's belly to make him giggle. I looked over at his face and saw it scrunch up as small laughs left his mouth and his hands curled up under his chin. I leaned over and kissed his forehead, but our sweet moment was cut short by a book being thrown at me by Mr.Cowell.

"Focus! I thought having him here with you would make you work harder like you do on the football field." He mumbled the last part under his breath, but I heard it and it made me realized I wasn't all that sneaky with woking hard to impress Niall on the pitch.

"Sorry, I'll try harder." I told him, but grabbed Niall's hand under the table and tangled our fingers together. I saw Niall smile, then continue to work on adding numbers on the worksheet he had.

I learned today that he was so behind all of us that he was just learning how to add numbers. Well, relearn how to add numbers. Niall is so slow that things that should stick with him, like they do with the rest of us, just don't. He also has a hard time holding the pencil and writing, so that's a barrier for him to learn. Also, he has the attention span of a four year old, but I personally believe that's how old his mind is telling him he is. It's still cute to me.

"Alright, what I'm going to do is start from the beginning. With this book." Mr.Cowell pulled out a book and my jaw dropped. I know how the read that book... kind of.

"That's a Dr.Seuss book." I told him like he was the stupid one here instead of me. He slid the book across desk to me, but instead of me reaching for it, Niall did.

"Niall's favorite." The blonde boy mumbled and started flipping through it. I looked at Mr.Cowell because I knew if Niall could read it then I could too, but I wouldn't enjoy it as much as him. My teacher just looked at me with a sarcastic smile, like he knew exactly what in was thinking. I hate him right now.

"I'll read it, but can I get better books later on?" I asked him as I moved back in my chair.

"I am giving you a book a day until you can actually read a novel. Throughout you're life, you've given up on reading because it's too hard. You need to build your skills up from the beginning." A tap on my shoulder brought me from giving my teacher a look that could kill him. I looked at Niall and saw he was handing me the book. I took it, but Niall stood up then sat down on my lap. He curled up and stuck his thumb in his mouth, waiting for me to start reading to him. I kissed the top of his head and opened the book.

"One f-fish, two fish, r-red fish, blow- no- blue fish." I started reading from some sort of memory and trying to actually read the book. Mr.Cowell sat back in his chair, crossing his arms with a smug expression on his face. He's really not my favorite person right now, have I mentioned that?

After a few more hours of reading different children's books to Niall and doing more English homework that the class was actually doing, Niall and I could finally go enjoy the rest of our day off.

I grabbed Niall's hand, as well as a stack of three Dr.Seuss books. The Irish boy was excited that I got really good books, but I was less excited because I hate reading and I hate reading books that are so stupid. But, I'll read them to Niall because it makes him happy.