Chapter 10

Zayn's POV

I just laid in the grass looking up at the stars on the sky wishing I was one of them at this moment. I hate being me right now. Liam was right, Louis didn't want to friends with me. He just wanted me for other things that I told him we should stop. Of course, this is all my fault because I was the one that put my arm around him first. He was the first person to go in for the kiss, but I still let it happen. It's my fault I'm laying here with my lips bleeding and my cheek feeling like it's going to fall off with the amount of pain I'm feeling.

I slowly rolled over on my stomach and started getting up as slow as possible. Even that didn't prevent my head from spinning and making me stumble on my feet. Right now, I just really wanted to go back to bed where I was supposed to be.

I staggered from the pitch and must have blacked out of some sort because I ended up in the dorm room hallways quicker than I really remembered. I wanted to go back to my room, but the metallic taste in my mouth reminded me I couldn't go in there. Liam would absolutely hate me for trusting Louis and would throw his I told you so in my face. I wanted to go to him, but I knew it would just end up badly for me because it's my fault this happened in first place. There was only one other place I could go that I knew I could be safe just for tonight. I could deal with my best friend in the morning after my wounds have healed a bit.

I walked past my door and tapped lightly on Niall's door, then just went in. He was still sound asleep in his blankets and I didn't have the heart to wake him, so I just went straight into his bathroom to see the damage down to my face and what I'll have to hide. My bottom lip was completely busted and looked like it was already swelling from its normal size. I also had a bright red fist print on my cheek.

"Zayn?" Niall's tired voice mumbled as he shuffled to the bathroom door that was opened slightly. He opened it more and smiled at me at first, then it fell and I saw his blue eyes well up with tears.

"Zayn has hurt spots!" He cried and bounced over to me to wrap his arms around me. I held him tight and felt my own tears spilling down my cheeks even if I didn't know they were there. Why would I ever want more than what I have in my arms? We both stood there crying and holding each other, but for different reasons. He was probably scared I was bleeding. I was just in allot of pain, both physical and emotional, and I wanted it to go away.

"I will fix you! Sit down and let me fix it better!" Niall told me, as he pulled out of my arms. I wiped my tears and sat on the closed toilet seat while I watched him get a box of band aids out. He came over to me with some tears still falling down his sweet cheeks. I wiped them, but he ignored my touch as he started focusing on opening a band aid. Once he got it opened, he gently put it on my cheek then placed a kiss over it.

My eyes widened and I felt my face flush at his actions. That's the first time he's ever kissed me in any way. He must not have noticed my reaction because he was on to opening the next band aid. He placed that one under my swollen lip and placed a kiss right over it. It took everything I had in me not to move just a bit and smash my lips into his. I knew my lips was hurt and also I wanted to ask him for permission to do anything like that before it happens. If it happens, I should say.

After about fifteen minutes of random band aids being placed all over my arms, neck and face Niall seemed pleased with his work. I pulled him onto my lap and held his squishy little body, trying to remind myself there was still innocence in a world of the feeling of there being none.

"Let get you to bed." I whispered to him and nuzzled my nose into his temple. He hoped off my lap and pulled me to his bed. He didn't climb in though, instead he looked at me with a sweet blush then looked down at his feet.

"What is it, princess?" I asked Niall, with my speech a little slurred from my lip. He giggled and sat down on the bed, then pulled me closer. I knew what he wanted so without saying anything, I climbed into his bed but felt really bad for having clothes I wore outside in his clean bed. I thought about it and realized he wouldn't mind, so I took off my shirt and my sweats that had grass stains on them. I climbed more into his bed and pulled him onto my chest. He immediately snuggled in, but I couldn't stop myself from feeling extremely close to him like this. We were both only in boxers and our skin making contact felt amazing. He's so soft to touch and he's so squeezable.

"Did Zayn's hurt spots go away?" Niall asked me and tangled his leg around mine. Just him cuddling so close to me was all I needed for any of my pain to go away.

"They did, and it was all because of you. You're like a doctor." I whispered to him and closed my eyes.

"Daddy says Niall is too not smart to be a doctor." Niall whispered after a few minutes of silence. I just kissed his hairline softly so I wouldn't hurt my lip.

"You need to be a caring boy to be a doctor. That's just what you are." After Niall didn't respond for a few minutes, I closed my eyes again and let sleep come over me with one question on my mind.

Why does there have to be such cruel people in the world?

Niall's POV

The sun started to come into my windows, waking me up. Zayn was still asleep, so I went back to cuddle up with him because that's what I thought we were supposed to do. If Zayn does it, then it must be right.

After I closed my eyes really tight, I heard the door to my room open. I didn't want to know who was there, so I turned my head into Zayn's chest because it made me feel fluffy in my stomach. Zayn called them butterflies, but I call it fluffy because that's scary to have butterflies in your tummy.

"Zayn?" I knew that voice from anywhere. I opened one eye and saw Liam standing there looking at Zayn. I sat up and made sure Zayn's hurt spots weren't back, but they were. I shook Zayn to wake him up and pat his chest. He wouldn't wake up though.

"Zayn." Liam said louder, but Zayn wouldn't wake up. I tried patting him again, but he wouldn't open his eyes to look at me and Liam. Liam picked me up out of the bed and set me on the floor. I watched as he touched Zayn's neck with his fingers and started to hit his cheek.

"Zayn! Wake up!" Liam yelled, while shaking Zayn again. I ran to the bathroom and filled up a cup of water. It's mean to do this, but when I wouldn't wake up my mum would do this. I went back and dumped the water on his face. That seemed to wake him up because his eyes opened a little and his arms started moving.

"Good thinking little guy." Liam told me, then went to help Zayn sit up. I went to stand in the corner because I was scared Zayn would be mad I got him all wet.

"Zayn, talk to me. What's wrong with you?" Liam asked, but I didn't really understand why he was asking that. Zayn just has hurt spots.

"My head hurts so bad." Zayn mumbled, then looked for me. I looked down and tried hiding in the corner more.

"Hey Niall, come here." I listened to Zayn and slowly walked over to him. He grabbed me and pulled me back onto my bed.

"What happened to you? Do you know how worried I was when I woke up and you were missing? Now I see you with you with a split lip and a bruse on your face that looks like something is broken! What the hell happened last night?!" I squeaked when Liam started yelling and pulled the blankets over my head.

"I wish I could tell you, but I can't. Just leave, Liam." Zayn told him sounding like he was sad. I didn't want to look at Liam if he was mad. I don't like it when people are mad.

Zayn pulled me into his wet arms and rocked me back and forth. I really liked it allot and soon I felt myself falling back to sleep. I knew I had to go to school, but I like being with Zayn better. Also, he doesn't seem like he's going to school so it must be alright that I don't go. Zayn is the best after all.

A/N: filler chapter! Shit is going down soon, you have been warned! Comment / Vote!
                                  - Bri;)