ONE

I got this chip on my shoulder
forever...

Dani POV

I watched him walk past me and sit at a table with his friends.

Jordan is my crush since the 9th grade. He barely notices me though.

I was always the quiet, outspoken girl. It wasn't that I didn't want to talk to people, people just misunderstood me.

I wasn't always quiet though.

When I was 10 years old, my dad went to jail for killing my mom. My parents were my world, but now they're both gone for life.

After that got out, everybody in Chicago knew who I was and people didn't really wanna associate with me. They came up with some stupid ass rumor that I might be a serial killer since i don't really talk and my dad did what he did.

Throughout high school I didn't have a lot of friends. I'm 19 now and I still don't have a lot of friends.

I'm not nerdy or crazy or anything, I'm just your average girl who's trying to do something else with her life.

"Dani. Do you hear me talking to you?" Demi called out, waving her hand in my face.

Every crazy, misunderstood girl has to have her partner in crime right?

Demi is my bad ass little sister. Even though we're 5 years apart, she's been my best friend for as long as I can remember.

When she was only 5 years old , my dad found out that Demi wasn't his and my mom cheated on him with his best friend. That led to him going in a rage and killing her.

Demi doesn't even know her dad, but she's doing fine without him if you ask me.

While I'm quiet and secluded, she on the other hand is bold and doesn't care what anybody thinks. Must be nice to have a lot of confidence...

We always do everything together and it's nice having someone who understands you.

"I know you ain't staring at Jordan like that," she said shaking his head.

"Shut up. He looks really good today."

"What do you see in that nigga?"

"I see a fine ass boy who needs a little loving."

We were both looking at his table when a girl came and sat by him. He put his arm around her and kissed his cheek.

"Well, it looks like he's got all the loving he needs," Demi chuckled.

I threw a fry at her and rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, it's Friday. What we doing today?" She asked me.

"Why would I go somewhere so people can stare at me and call me a crazy bitch?"

"Girl fuck what them people say. Me and you know you not crazy so why should we care about what they saying?"

I nodded my head and took a sip of my drink.

"Well that's tempting but it's getting late and we need to make sure Pop is okay."

(A/N: I didn't want to call him grandpa, I wanted to make it a little ghetto🙃)

"Alright, let's go." I paid for our food and we left out the restaurant, hopping in the car.

"Soooo," Demi dragged. I already know she wants something.

"What do you want?"

"There's this party tomorrow and I was wondering if you'd be willing to go with me."

"Nope."

"Come on, it'll be so much fun," she pleaded.

"Why don't you ask Melanie to go with you?"

Melanie is her supposed best friend. She's really fake and sneaky but Demi is too blind to see that.

"She's coming too but I really want you to come so I can introduce you to the boy I've been talking to."

"What?" I gasped dramatically, "Miss "Fuck Love" has a boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend, we just talk," she corrected.

I pulled up in the driveway and we hopped out the car. We walked in and Pop was sitting on the couch reading the newspaper.

Newspapers are still a thing?

"Hey Pop," we greeted at the same time.

"Hey. Is Donna back?" he asked.

Donna was our grandmother who passed away. When she died, Pop lost himself a little bit and now he keeps telling himself that she's coming back home one day.

"No, she's not back," I sighed.

"Well, I'm looking forward to her coming by," he grinned. "Now run off while I read my paper."

I chuckled at him and walked upstairs to Demi's room. I opened the door and she was giggling and texting.

"I can't wait to find out who has you laughing and blushing like this."

"Oh, so that means your gonna go with me?"

"Uh, I guess so."

"Yay! We're gonna get dressed up and look like bad bitches. We taking everybody mans!" She squealed.

"Everybody can keep their man," I said rolling my eyes.

"Listen, don't worry about what people say. They don't know you and they don't know what's we've been through. Don't let what they say get to you," she lectured.

I let out a breath and nodded my head.

"Now, let's find you something to wear," she cheesed.

________________________________
I'm curious...

Virtual school or In Person?

But, this is going to be fire when we get into it‼️