TWO

God, it's brutal out here...

Dani POV - The Next Day

"Are you done?" Demi called from outside of my room.

"I don't feel comfortable wearing this."

"Let me see," she said, barging into the room, "It looks cute."

I was wearing a fitted dress that was too tight for my liking and some ugg slides.

"It doesn't look like I'm trying too hard?"

"No, it looks great. Come on, the party started two hours ago."

I grabbed my purse and walked down the stairs.

"We'll be back later Pop," Demi told him.

"Okay. Tell Donna to hurry up and come home," he grinned.

I let out a sigh before I said, "Ok, we'll tell her Pop."

We left out the house and got in the car.

"So when are we going to stop lying to him and tell him she's dead?" Demi asked.

"I don't know. It seems like it's the only that's keeping him going."

Skips to when they get to the party...

It's going on 10:00 and we just arrived at this house party. There's a lot of people here.

"Alright, remember what I told you. Confidence is key. Just make sure you stay by me," Demi lectured.

"I thought I was the big sister."

"Hush up and come on." We got out of the car and walked past all of the people outside.

"Your doing good so far. Keep it up," Demi whispered to me. I rolled my eyes and followed behind her.

"Hey, bestie," Melanie smiled, walking up to us. She gave Demi a hug and looked at me.

"Hi," she said rudely. I waved at her and pushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Joshua is over there," she smirked at Demi, "Come on."

"I'm going to go get a drink."

"You sure you wanna go by yourself?" Demi asked.

"She can go by herself, she's a big girl," Melanie mugged, pulling her away from me. Demi snatched her arm away from her and rolled her eyes.

"Stop getting smart with my sister," she mugged back, "I'll meet you back right here."

I nodded my head and pushed through the crowd to get a drink. Surprisingly no one has noticed me yet.

I haven't been to a party since high school. Let's just say, that was a horrible experience and I never thought I'd be at another one.

I grabbed a Sprite out of the refrigerator and popped it open. I took a sip and started to walk back to where I was when I bumped into somebody.

"Watch where the fuck your tall ass going," he mugged. I know that voice anywhere.

Dayvon...

Dayvon was one of the popular kids from my school before we graduated and he's well known around Chicago.

He's a rapper and he hangs with Lil Durk. He's a little arrogant son of a bitch. He doesn't like me and I damn sure don't like him.

And not he called me tall, I'm only 5'7".

"My bad, I wasn't paying attention."

He squinted his eyes at me and analyzed my face.

"Oh, it's you. That bitch who daddy killed her mama. Keep your crazy ass away from me," he said rudely, lifting up his shirt and showing me his gun.

This nigga is the one that's crazy...

My eyes got big and a smirk appeared on his face.

"Baby what you doing?" a female voice asked from behind him. He moved out of the way and Missharon stood in front of him.

Missharon is Dayvon's girlfriend and Melanie's big sister. My best friend in the 8th grade, my worst enemy in the ninth.

She always knew I didn't like Dayvon and how he talks to me. But she started dating him and stopped hanging with me.

"Is this bitch bothering you?" she asked him rubbing his chest.

"Nah, she was just getting the fuck out of my way," he mugged.

They started making out right in front of me. I gagged in disgust and walked right past them.

Demi wasn't standing where she said she would meet me. I pushed through the crowd until I saw her standing on the wall hugged up with some boy.

He looked older, like he was around my age.

"Um, Demi. Who is this?"

"Oh, this is Joshua. The guy I've been talking to," she smiled.

"And how old is he?"

"18," he answered. Demi is only 14.

Prison. Your not going to jail, your going to prison...

"Yeah, ok. Time to go." I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the door.

"What are you doing?" she yelled out, snatching her arm away.

"You didn't tell me the boy you were talking to was my age!"

"I didn't think it mattered."

"Yes the hell it does matter. He's about to graduate and your just now getting into high school. Trust me, that boy only wants one thing."

"Stop judging him and you know nothing about him. If anything I'm doing this for you," she explained.

"How the hell are you doing this for me?!"

She paused for a minute and looked around to make sure no one was listening. "Jordan is his brother."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Jordan has been your crush for forever and when Joshua asked me out, I came up with a little plan."

"What plan?"

"If I'm always around Joshua and I'm over his house a lot, then maybe I could bring you with me to get Jordan to notice you," she explained.

"Demi that is so stupid." I don't need her help on getting a boyfriend.

"But it's worth a shot, though. Only if your down."

I'm a stupid bitch for going along with this. But what do I have to lose?

"Ok, let's see how this plays out." She smiled at me and gave me a hug.

"Now let's go have fun and tomorrow we have work to do."

________________________________
Ok I want to know...

TikTok or Instagram?

Anyways, this book is about play out nice...

Alright bye💙