SIXTEEN

It takes a strong heart to heal a broken soul...

Dani POV - the next evening

Demi bursted into my room with a jar of pickles in her hand.

"Since when do you eat pickles?"

"I'm with child," she sighed, taking a bite of one.

"Oh yeah. About that-," I paused, "do you really want to keep the baby?"

In all honesty, I think she should get an abortion. She's so young and still has a whole life ahead of her. She can't even take care of herself, how is she going to take care of a baby?

"I thought about it a lot and I don't wanna kill it. I made my bed and now I have to lay in it," she said.

If you made the bed, doesn't that mean your getting out of it? Why would you lay in it-

"You think I should get an abortion, don't you?" she asked lowly.

Don't be a pussy Dani, just tell her the baby has to go.

But I don't wanna hurt her feelings. Plus, we just made up-

Who cares about her feelings? Be a big sister and take her to the abortion clinic.

"Danielle!" Demi yelled snapping in my face.

"Stop saying my real name."

"Why do you do that?" she asked.

"Do what?"

"When someone asks you a question, you blank out and start staring into space."

"I'm just listening to the two little voices in my head," I shrugged.

"Two voices?" she asked confused.

"Yeah, how many voices do you have?"

"One. Your only supposed to have one."

"Well maybe I'm just different," I shrugged.

"Maybe you need to get that checked out," she said weirdly walking out with her pickles.

I waved her off as my phone started to ring. To my surprise it was Von. He hasn't called me in weeks.

I answered it and Durk popped up on the screen.

"Hey Danielle," he sang with a smile.

"Hey, why you calling me?"

"We need you to-

"Why the fuck you got my phone nigga?" Von spat, snatching his phone away from him.

"You said to call Dani," Durk defended.

"I was going to call bitch," Von mugged before he turned his attention to me, "Dani I need you to do me a favor."

"Hi to you too."

"I need you to go to Domino's and pick up my order, but call me before you leave the restaurant," he explained.

"Why?"

"Stop asking me why ma," he said.

Ma? He never called me that before.

"What am I getting out of this? You know I don't do any services for free."

"You know your fat ass want some pizza," he joked, "but I got some money for y-

"Hey Dani girl," Booka sang, taking the phone.

"Hey," I laughed.

"Why do y'all keep trying to talk to her? She don't even like y'all for real," Von mugged, snatching the phone back.