TWENTY THREE

I think I'm in love, but I'm still a thug...

(Ik I skip time too much, imma quit after this)

Dani POV - weeks later

It's lunch right now, and everybody is eating this nasty ass food and taking phone calls.

So a bitch is in jail. How nice...

I've barely ate anything since I was here, not just because the food is horrible but I also don't have an appetite.

It's dirty as hell in the cells. It's cold, and lonely, and concealing. I'm basically rotting away in here.

The women in here are big, buff, and scary. Almost all of them are older then me and some of them look like they want to hurt me.

At least, I have a cell to myself.

I've been in here for some weeks and I've witnessed two people get murdered over nothing.

Yesterday, this lady got jumped and beat to death because she stole somebody's lunch.

She was gigantic. Like my 600 lb life gigantic..

And when I took a shower one day, I saw a lady get shanked but luckily she lived.

This whole place is just a hell hole.

I'm low key traumatized after what happened with Pop. I'm still the same person in my head but I'm not the same on the outside.

I haven't spoken to anybody in person since Von and Demi came.

I couldn't look Demi in the eyes and tell her what happened because I know she would blame me.

But who cares what she thinks? It was an accident-

"Baker!" one of the officers called from across the room, "you got a phone call."

I got up from the table and walked over to the phone, picking it up.

"Hello?"

"How you doing in there, ma?" Von said on the other end.

"I'm making it. Barely though."

"Ain't nobody in there fucking with you, is they?"

"No, I'm good Von. How's Demi?"

"I ain't heard from her since we visited you. She left my house and never came back," he explained.

I hope she's okay-

"So how's shit been going with you and your broke down ass family?"

"Oh you got jokes huh?" He laughed, "I ain't even talked to Asian. I been busy. Plus, she only hit me up when she need some money or she need a ride."

"What a shocker," I said sarcastically.

"Aight, you got a whole lot of jokes today goofy. I can't wait til I see your ass," he chuckled.

Who knows how long that'll be?

"I bet you can't wait, Mr I love you," I joked.

I heard him laugh and kiss his teeth.

"I knew you was gon use that shit against me. I ain't even mean to say that shit, but I'm glad I did though," he said.

Aww, that's so sweet-

"Nigga pass the phone," I heard somebody say.

"Wassup Dani. I hope you not in there bumping coochies with nobody," Booka joked, making me laugh.