6 years ago : April 2nd 2014

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

———————————-

6 years ago : April 2nd 2014

Today is my first day at school, and this morning my parents have been reminding us about everything that will happen. We all know that we've already missed some of our first years in school so everybody already knows each other, making it slightly harder to make friends.

After the talk, we change into our itchy uniforms; a light blue polo shirt, navy jumper and grey bottoms.

Ugh. I could already feel how uncomfortable my weekdays were going to be now. I lift up my grey pleated skirt and pull on my extremely scratchy woolen tights.

I was going to have a right time with these.

Then, I pick up my burgundy kanken bag and swing it over my left shoulder. Worried about being late, I start to hurry towards the car but before I can reach the door handle, Mum picks me up and places me next to my brother.

'Click'

A bright light shines in my eyes, making me squint.

"Look at them Arthur, all grown up," mum cooes.

She takes hundreds of pictures, crying everytime she looks at a new one, whilst constantly reminding Daddy that we're 'all grown up'.

By the time she's finished my bunches are a mess, my shoes are scuffed and my shirt is untucked. Ezra smirks and points at me but to be honest he looks no better.

Mum fixes us up, giving us a kiss on the cheek and we hop into our 7 seater car and drive away. Mummy and Daddy talk to us about how the day will go but I zone out in boredom because I've heard it sooo many times already.

------------------

We reach the school car park to reveal hundreds of matching kids holding their parents hands as they walk to their classes. I grab Daddy's hand but Ezra walks off with Mum to a different direction where the older kids go...hold on...WHAT NOW?!

Where's Ezra going?!

He said he'll be by my side.

I stop walking because now I know he won't be with me. My rosy cheeks now have tears dropping down them. Daddy notices so picks me up and carries me to my classroom. Stupid crying.

I look absolutely ridiculous right now. I'm 10, I shouldn't be crying at silly things like this. But I dunno, I guess I'm scared that when I'm alone I won't be able to handle myself...that I'm not as independent as I thought.

"Don't worry button, Ezra's just going with the big kids" I pull back and stare at him in confusion.

"But Daddy, he said he'd protect me," my bottom lip starts to quiver.

"And he will button..." he takes me over to where the other year 6's are going.

He puts me down once we reach the line to my classroom and gives me a quick kiss on the nose before leaving.

I turn around to see a blonde little girl with glasses too big for her face staring at me. I look at her and scrunch up my nose. Why was she looking at me like that?

Weirdo.

Suddenly, her hand shoots out and squeaks "Hi, um im Quinn! Are you new here? Cause I've never seen you at my school before? Maybe we could be friends? I've never really had a friend before - apart from Ms Ferguson. She's our teacher, she's really nice, and friendly, and kind, and well she's just great! I hope you agree to be my friend because that would be really cool!"