Chapter 21 : Teleportation

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 21 : Teleportation

Wednesday 11th January 2021

teleport
/ˈtɛlɪpɔːt/

verb
(especially in science fiction) transport or be transported across space and distance instantly.
"who needs a flying carpet if you can teleport yourself and your belongings?"

"Everyone was so...the same..."

Dr Mosse looks understanding yet unsurprised.

I lean back in the recliner, occasionally closing my eyes softly.

Calmness washes over me as I stare into the jungle-like room - leaves trickle down the shelfs like a waterfall creating a warm contrast compared to the wooden furniture. The soft ticking of a clock lets my mind focus while the wall of clear glass lets me look into the gardens. Richard's desk sits near the left side of the room, pictures of his husband and new born daughter faced in the direction of his work.

He smiles kindly at me as he sits in the armchair opposite me.

"As soon as I walked in...people just acted normal around me - obviously they were all still like, really nice and stuff..." He nodded and took notes, as i exhale softly feeling my clammy breath blow faintly on my hand that's resting the weight of my chin, "And like...yeah, of course people stared, I'd just collapsed at school from ODing and...my eating disorder...but i mean, who wouldn't stare?"

I still find it hard to say I have an eating disorder. I'm embarrassed by it. As if he knew what I was thinking, Dr Mosse speaks up, reassuring me, "Allie, eating disorders are nothing to be ashamed of."

"But it's still...like...I don't want people to treat me any different. You know."

His warm smile and twinkly eyes are comforting as he smiles gently. Dr Mosse looks at his board again and then asks, "But what did you think was going to happen when you went back to school?"

"I don't really know...? My worst nightmare was that I was going to go back and everyone's attention would be on me...but not for any reasons I want. I just...I didn't want them to baby me and treat me as if I've got the word 'fragile, do not touch' written all over my forehead."

Richard nods his head as I speak, "It's like...for the first time since forever, I don't feel like some kind of freak. Is that weird?"

He brings his chair closer to me, "it's perfectly natural for you to feel different. You've had some dramatic changes recently and you've been through a hell of a lot for only the age of 17. You're a strong girl, Allie Carter. Remember that."

We talk for a bit longer so when our timer runs out, I hop off the recliner and collect my stuff from off the floor. "And remember Allie, you need to get a snack on your way out. No more missing breakfast."

"But I was just..."

"Late for school, I know. But starting your school day on an empty stomach is never a good thing to do."

Smiling, I answer "ok" with no hesitation. Finishing that last of my water, I throw out the plastic cup that I've been chewing on for the last hour.

Strolling through the corridors casually, like I have done so for the past few months, I stop at the vending machine near the front desk. Emptying my pockets, I slide in 2 pound coins and press the numbers '776' twice. The machine does it's thing and I bend down, picking up my 2 granola bars.

'I'll save one for a snack' I think in my head. When I stand up, I collide straight into someone's chest. The unmistakable smell of his familiar cologne invades my nose. From under my coat hood, I peer up and see him.