2 years ago : May 2nd 2018

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

2 years ago : May 2nd 2018

"Could you pass the ketchup?" Quinn says as we sit at our usual table for lunch.

Today, I have a ham and mustard sandwich with Doritos and a Coca Cola. And it tastes so good. Using the back of my hand, I wipe the corner of my mouth where some stray mustard is. Still hungry, I steal some of Esther's chocolate mousse, smiling smugly as I spoon it into my mouth.

Me and my friends talk about a recent maths test we did, comparing answers and seeing which ones we're more certain we got right. Were in the middle of talking about quadratic equations, when I see my boyfriend walking up to our table.

"Hey Allie, can we talk?" he says as he puts an arm around me, making my friends 'aw'. But it's less sweet than it looks. Gripping hard, his arm is tight against me. Too tight. Looking up I can see him smiling his charming smile but ushers me to leave somewhere else.

"Can i talk to you in like 10 minutes, i just wanna finish off talking to my friends about a test we did-"

"Allie, I said I want to talk now." His tone is threatening...dangerous even, and it sends chills down my spine. Why is he being so impatient? Surely he can wait 10 minutes while I finish up a conversation?

"And I asked you to wait, Thomas!" he's obviously had enough of my attitude as he grabs the top of my arm hard and starts to pull me out of my seat, "Thomas! Ow, get off your hurting me!"

He drops my arm once he sees people are starting to look but he still carries on having a go at me, "You never spend time with me Allie?! Why is that? Am I not good enough for you Allie?!"

I huff and raise my hands, "No it's not that Thomas! It's because everytime we're together, we fight and probably about something I've done wrong! And you can't deny we do it because we're literally doing it right now!" . 

He runs his hands through his hair and I stare at the people around us. They're all silent, desperate to find out what's about to happen in our relationship. Pinching the bridge of his nose, he whispers, "What's even the point of us being together you don't even try..."

"I try-"

"No Allie, you don't! Because you're always with him!" Throwing a hand at the other side of the lunch hall, he points at a group of boys who are also staring at us. Levi stands there midbite into a sausage roll.

My whole body flushes red at the mention of Levi, no matter how hard I try to restrain myself. Looking back up at Thomas and say, "Levi is my brother's best mate, and a close family friend. Stop being so dramatic, I just don't spend time with you because I'm always busy?!"

People watch as I stride back to my seat, bored of this pointless conversation. Holding up my sandwich, I take a big bite completely disregarding my boyfriend who stands speechless a few metres away.

"What is wrong with you Allie! You don't even care?!" He says as i shrug. My mental capacity to deal with one of Thomas's stupid arguments is at a minimum. And to be honest, I don't care? Yes, I care about him but these arguments...they drive me insane. Either way, it'll be over in around 17 minutes after we argue about how bad of a person i am again-

"I can't do this anymore- i...i just can't. I can do so much better than you Allie..."

My body goes still at his words. I can feel the loud thump of my heart as he goes silent. The way my heartbeat quickens, while my mind slows. It takes a few moments to process the words he said.