Chapter 23 : Love Inducement

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 23 : Love Inducement

Friday 13th January 2021

inducement
/ɪnˈdjuːsm(ə)nt/

noun
a thing that persuades or leads someone to do something.
"companies were prepared to build only in return for massive inducements"

No one actually knows about mine and Levi's little hiccup since it would only give me brother satisfaction - either way we were better than ever now so it's irrelevant, so once again, we sit at the dinner table in an awkward silence like we have for the past 2 weeks. The only sound you can hear is the awful noise of metal cutlery scraping against the china plates. Me and Levi are placed on the right side, Mum at the head of the table and Ezra and Dad are on the other side. This causes Levi and Ezra to be scowling at each other for the entire 45 minutes we're sitting down for dinner.

"So. How was everyone's day?" My dad breaks the silence.

No one says anything for a bit until, "Well I had a physics test today. Um...it went well. I think?" Levi speaks up, immediately earning a deep scowl from my brother, who's stabbing at his food.

Ezra looks aggravated by Levi's answer, "Levi he wasn't asking you. He was asking his family - you know, the people he's related to."

Levi slams down his cutlery at Ezra's patronising answer. For a few seconds they just stare dominantly at each other, while my Mum tries to cool the situation. Dad's now completely ignoring the argument and is watching the football next door which is still playing on the TV, only to be slapped on the hand seconds later by my Mum to pay attention to the situation.

"But wasn't it you who said that we were family, brothers actually. Or am I mistaken? Bro."

He tilts his head to the side.

Oh no.

This isn't going to end well.

"Yeah well that was before I found out you were shagging my fucking sister!"

"We're weren't-" However before I can scream back, Levi puts a hand on my shoulder to push me gently back into my seat as I stand up to throw an oven mitt at my brother.

"The only reason you're still in this house is because of her!"

It's now a yelling match across the table. Levi and Ezra are standing dominantly, as if trying to prove who's the 'alpha'. I'm trying to tug Levi down with absolutely no luck. Mum is shouting for them to calm down and Dad is leaning back slowly in his chair with a beer to glance at the TV that's still switched on in the other room.

"Levi, you know that's not true, you're welcome here anytime."

"You're taking their side!" Ezra spits.

"Ezra! There are no sides here. You just need to accept the fact that your sister and your best friend are together!" My Mum puts a hand on mine and Levi's shoulder comfortingly as she stares my brother down, making him shrink slowly into his seat with a grimace on his face, directed solely at Levi.

"He-" Ezra points a finger accusingly at Levi "-is not my best friend. And she...she's going to get her heart broken because Levi is going to ruin her. He's damaged and broken and nowhere near good enough for my sister."

Ezra storms off out of the house. Mum flops defeated back into her seat. Levi looks distraught as he thinks over Ezras words. I rub his shoulder and look over to the recently slammed door.