Chapter 22 : Invulnerability

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 22 : Invulnerability

Thursday 12th January 2021

invulnerable
/ɪnˈvʌln(ə)rəb(ə)l/

adjective
impossible to harm or damage.
"no state in the region is now invulnerable to attack by another"

Where is he?!

Come onnn!

I'm sitting on the soggy park bench, awaiting Levi's reluctant arrival while looking like a complete and utter lemon. It's pouring it down with rain and I don't even have a coat. When I say I look like I've just walked 3 miles in the Atlantic Ocean, I'm not exaggerating.

In the 60+ minutes I've been waiting, I've done absolutely nothing - due to a lack of mobile data and missing AirPods, the most exciting thing I can do is throw pebbles at a neighbouring tree like it's a dart board. As I'm leaning back for the billionth time to try and hit my target, a slouchy looking Levi strolls up in front of me.

Levi's entire face seems sunken, his complexion is unnaturally pale with even deeper circles under his eyes than a few days ago. He looks almost ill.

"You took your time," sarcasm leaks from my voice.

Levi tugs on the strings of his navy blue hoodie. He lets out a sigh that lasts a little too long, "Yeah...i had stuff to do."

"Stuff. Stuff." I repeat the word multiple times, looking Levi in the eye, whilst his eyeline was glancing elsewhere.

"Mhm...can i sit..."

I ignore his comment and proceed with what I was saying, "So this 'stuff' you were doing, it required you to leave me waiting alone in the rain, while in the meantime you took your sweet goddamn time."

Honestly, I thought that after our meeting with Dr Mosse, we'd cleared things up...but obviously not. In fact, Levi looks worse than usual. His dark hair covers his tired eyes, which squint in the sun. The shirt he's wearing looks a few days old, and his jeans are crumpled and unwashed.

I don't want to sound like a controlling girlfriend but i don't want to let him think he can just get away with lying to me straight to my face, "Levi i wont be mad if you just tell me where you were. Just don't lie to me."

Levi huffs, then rolls his eyes in boredom, "Allie can you stop acting like my mum, you don't need to know where i was. You're just my girlfriend."

"We're in a relationship, Levi. I have a right to be concerned when my boyfriend turns up looking like shit an hour later than he said!" this boy makes no sense.

He sits on the edge of the park bench and grips onto the armrests. The cloudy sky is dark and gloomy, ready to shower us with more rain. I lean over to try and touch Levi's hand but he gets up and shuffles away.

I peer up at him, confused at his unusual behaviour, "Why did you move away Levi?" i try one more time to take his hand in mine but he snatches it away, walking in the opposite direction, "Levi..."

He ignores me and carries on walking.

"Levi." I call out his name again.

But he just ignores me.

"Levi, can you just stand still for a fucking second!" my voice yells slightly louder than i anticipated but it makes him stop and turn around. Trees silhouette on his face, cutting sharp lines onto his emphasised features. His steely eyes look dark in the dim light. His defined profile looks stony and bitter as his eyes trail down my body, "Why are you being like this?"