Chapter 10 : Emotion Control

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

——————————

Chapter 10 : Emotion control

Saturday 10th November 2020

emotion control
/ɪˈməʊʃ(ə)n/ /kənˈtrəʊl/

noun
noun: emotion control; plural noun: controlling emotions
the action of manipulating someone's emotions.
"there was no deliberate manipulation of visitors' emotions"

"Sooo, what you're saying is I should look like a prostitute" Connie says as she tries on an extremely tight red bodycon dress with a plunging neckline and pieces cut out all around. In all honesty, this dress isn't dreadful, but it's something you'd wear to a club, not an expensive restaurant.

"No, no, Levi just has a very...defined taste. I've seen his type, and trust me when he spots you in this he won't believe what he sees" ....and not in a good way.

As I look in the mirror, I admire my work. A masterpiece, if I must say. Levi won't know what hit him...

"So let's go over the facts, Levi absolutely HATES his car because it's out of fashion and ugly - so makes lots of jokes about that, he's a huge fan of golf and crochet, however knitting....no, that's a big NO. He adores expensive fancy restaurants and he loves sharing french delicacies such as 'escargot'. Oooh and he will always pay for everything. Such a gentleman" i add, whilst imaging Levi's face when he sees the huge cheque at the end. I know that Levi's too much of a gentleman to ever let a girl pay, but when it's costing up to £200 I get the feeling he won't be as willing.

I smile sweetly and nod approvingly at her cheap dress and knock off designer knee-high hooker boots.

She talks to me about the various dull conversation topics I told her to and not to talk about, triple checking everything.

Boy, she really wants this date to go well.

I see her nervous face and anxious body language. I hate that she's so nice. If she was horrible I'd feel less bad about sabotaging the date, but the way she's acting...I just feel a twinge of guilt.

"Are you sure he'll like this?" Her heavily packed-on makeup creases as she bites her lip and raises her eyebrow, tapping her long acrylics on the front of her plastic purse.

But then I see her perfect figure and incredible personality, and I just know with her around...I wouldn't even be considered competition.

"Oh yeah...definitely" I say sickeningly sweetly.

------------------------

It's only 10 o'clock when I see Levi roll into the driveway.

'Let me guess, the date didn't go well' I chuckle to myself.

I walk down the stairs and wait to open the front door. But there isn't a knock.

Grabbing my puffer jacket, I slip it on over my nike pros and baggy t-shirt and walk outside into the cold winter air.

Levi's slumped against the steering wheel, tired and sleepy.

I walk up to the window and tap gently. When he doesn't respond I do it again, only louder and more announcing. He rolls down the window and sits up, making his hair stick up in all directions.

"Get in."

-------------------------

I wriggle on my white leather seat, trying to think of something to say in this awkward silence.