Chapter 3 : Enhanced Senses

please remember to VOTE, FOLLOW, COMMENT, TAG and SHARE so i can get more publicity

--------------------------------

enhance

/ɪnˈhɑːns,ɛnˈhɑːns/

verb

past tense: enhanced; past participle: enhanced

intensify, increase, or further improve the quality, value, or extent of.
"his sight was clearer, now that his senses are enhanced."

------------------------------------

Friday 8th September 2020

I open the fridge and take out my - now 3 day old - birthday pancakes. I drop them on the counter and take out a fork - which I stab angrily into them. After taking a couple of bites, the front door slams and I hear the heavy stomps of the boys approach the island where I work.

"Hey Alison...you ok?" I stare at Jax with an 'are you serious' look on my face, "Okey, dumb question..."

I move my gaze across each of their faces. They look as though they just got caught stealing from the biscuit tin.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" They recoil in shock and to be honest, so do I.

It's not like I don't thank them for what they did to him, but I could have handled it myself - I don't need my brother saving me from everything just because Thomas was a twat who wanted to make me feel like shit

"Come on Allie, we couldn't let him talk about you like that," Ezra says.

"You completely embarrassed me. People will talk about me, about you. Oh god, what if people took videos or put it on their stories!" I exclaim.

To be honest, the news of the fight has probably spread across the school now and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.

"We have fist-fights all the time about football, just chill" Levi says calmly as if what just happened was a friendly rumble in the park.

I stare at him like he's utterly stupid, "This wasn't a cute little fist-fight during football Levi, and that wasn't chill! it was a RAMPAGE!"

"But...just saying...he was the one being rude?" Jax makes various hand gestures. He's right of course but we ignore that fact. However the fact that they totally overreacted is a topic we're gonna stay on.

"Yeah what an asshole..." Levi adds under his breath.

I raise an eyebrow at Levi.

"Trust me i know, but did that mean you had to nearly beat the guy to death!" he looks away with a proud smirk on his face, "and look, you're not even sorry about it!"

They gawk at me with a look of disbelief on their faces, "Why would we be sorry about it? He deserved it, how can you back him up like that!"

Levi looks me up and down, confused, slightly extending his hand, brushing his pinky against mine as if he's about to grab it. Gulping, I pull slightly away and rub the goosebumps off my arm. Turning my head away slightly, I feel embarrassed.

Ashamed, even.

I let out a whisper "Because it's true. Look, you don't have to pretend. I know I'm fat, I know no guy would ever like me. Thomas was just the only person with the balls to say it..."

Their mouths are 'O' shaped. No words coming out.

None.

Nada.