Chapter 11-Heat

Ariana's POV

I am running as fast as I can through the woods. Is something chasing me? I look around and realize that no one is, yet I wonder why I am running? It actually feels amazing and I am going so fast. This is awesome. I look down to the ground and realize I have paws?? I am a dog. This is so weird. Then I look over to see the wolf that saved me from my father is running with me. I look into his eyes and see my reflection. Oh my God, I am a wolf too? But how? I am so confused. Suddenly I jolt awake. I am pouring with sweat. I was dreaming. But what a strange dream? I feel very weird. Before I even get a chance to get out of bed, Zander barges into my room without knocking. See he does it too?

"What's wrong? I heard you talking a lot in your sleep." He says.

"I just had a strange dream that I was a wolf. It was crazy." I tell him almost chuckling.

He looks at me very seriously. Ok. Guess it wasn't that funny.

"Is there something else wrong?" He asks as he struggles to even speak. Now he is acting weird.

"I feel very weird. Everything seems weird even you." I tell him.

"You are sweating really badly and are flushed. I think you have a fever." He tells me again acting almost as if he is in pain.

What in the world is going on?

"Let me go get mom to get a thermometer to check. Be right back." He says almost bolting out the door. I think he needs more sleep or something.

A few minutes later, Zander's mom Charlotte comes
into my room after knocking to let me know it was her.

"Where did Zander go?" I ask curiously.

"He's not feeling well suddenly and I think you are fevered as well. Looks like you both are sick." She says after taking my temperature.

Holy shit it's 108 degrees!! Oh my God I should be dead.

"Is that thing accurate?" I ask her.

"Probably not but you are definitely fevered for sure and I believe it's very high. I think you should take a cold bath and then come back and rest in bed today. Don't come out of the room. Ok? Need to keep your germs quarantined. Not sure what you both have." She tells me. I just nod to her in understanding.

"Good, I will be back in a little bit to check on you." She says.

"Thank you Charlotte." I say kindly to her.

"You're welcome." She says with a smile before exiting my room.

I go to my bathroom and draw a bath for myself to soak in. I make the water luke warm but soon realize it's still feels too hot to me. I turn the hot water off completely and only run cold water. It feels amazing. I must be really fevered because I have never had to do this before and I still feel like I am on fire. The temperature of the water soon is back to being luke warm. Apparently I am so fevered that I am warming up the cold water. That's not good.. Ugh. I get out from the bath and go get back in bed. I can't put clothes on because I am just too hot. I lay there with a light sheet covering me just in case anyone walks in. I start to nod back off. Suddenly I am jolted awake by searing pains going through my body. I can't help but scream it hurts so bad.

"Owww!! Someone please help me I am in pain!!" I scream hoping Zander comes.

But he doesn't, Charlotte does. "Are you ok?" She asks.

"No!! I am in extreme pain and I want Zander. Please send him to me. I need him." I beg her.

"Ariana, he is sick and in pain too. He needs his rest." She tells me.

"But if we are both sick why can't we be together?" I ask almost in tears. I just have this feeling that Zander will make me feel better.

"Here is some ibuprofen for the pain and fever. Please lay down and try to sleep for a bit. Then I will see about sending Zander in later." She says.

I nod my head in agreement. I suddenly find myself very exhausted and falling back into a deep sleep.

Zander's POV

She's in heat. I knew from the moment I entered her bedroom. I can smell it. And it was so hard not to pounce on her right then and there. It's very hard to restrain my wolf when pure lust is on his mind and nothing else. My mom lied to her and told her I was sick too and couldn't come in there. But God I want to soooo badly. When I see her in pain, it makes me feel pain too. My mom comes back into my office breaking me away from my thoughts.

"How is she?" I ask urgently.

"She's ok. I gave her a pain pill and a sleeping pill so she will rest. It shouldn't last more than 24 hrs. It will be ok this time. But each time she goes into heat it will get worse and worse until you mate with her." She tells me.

I know mom duh. I paid attention in wolf anatomy. I think to myself.

"Mom, I need to be with her. I can't take this. It's hurting me not to go in there to take care of her." I tell her.

"I know son. But your wolf won't be using the right head and will make you do things with her that she may not be ready for." She reminds me.

Damnit she is right. Especially with Ariana's history with her father. I don't know how she feels about sex. We really have to have that conversation after all this is over. I am pretty sure she likes kissing me. And God I love kissing her. I definitely want more than that but not until she is ready. That's why I have to stay away until the heat is over. It's going to be a VERY long day.