Chapter 22- Strength Of A Matebond

Zander's POV

We head to his territory for questioning the next morning. We enter his office and cut right to the chase.

"Alpha Zander. To what do I owe this pleasure?" He asks me.

"You know exactly why I am here. Apparently you want to start a war. What the fuck do you want with my mate?" I seethe.

He smirks and chuckles. Fuck him. I am across the desk and have him pulled up by his collar as I get right in his face.

"I will ask you one more time. What. The. Fuck. Do. You. Want. With. My. Mate?" I speak each word clearly stopping after each one. My gaze is deadly.

"I assure you whatever you have heard is not true. I want nothing to do with your mate. I have my own mate so why would I want yours?" He answers trying to sound innocent. I am not buying it.

"That's not what those rogues that came on my land said." I reply.

"I think they were just trying to find someone to put the blame on to get themselves out of trouble it seems." He lies.

I can tell there is something he is not telling me. He wants something.

"Well unless you, the rogues, and every other fucking werewolf in the world wants to start a war, you will leave my pack and my mate the fuck alone. Got it?" I demand.

"Absolutely Alpha Zander." He says with a sleezy smirk.

As I leave his territory, I realize how much I love Ariana and can't stand the thought of losing her. She is everything to me. I hate that the mate bond has made me weak. That thought angers me as I shift into my wolf and run to blow off steam.

I make it home late that evening and storm inside still angry about Alpha Dante. Ariana comes in after me and I lash out at her angrily. I see the hurt on her face and she apologizes for doing absolutely nothing wrong. God I am so in love with her. I end up kissing her and we end up in bed together again. I fall more and more in love with her. That's why I have to protect her at all costs.

After several rounds of love making, Ariana succumbs to her exhaustion and falls into a deep sleep. My mind is still so preoccupied with Dante that I can't sleep. So I go to my office and call for Tyler to meet me.

"What's up Alpha?" He asks as he comes into the room.

"Tyler, I want someone constantly with Ariana. Like a bodyguard. I have to protect her." I tell him.

"I think that's a good idea honestly. I will organize a schedule with our warriors to make sure she has round the clock surveillance." He says.

"Well atleast during the day when I am gone. I have her covered at night obviously." I say and he chuckles.

"Isn't the matebond amazing?" He asks.

"It is. But it's also the scariest thing in the world to me. My need to make sure she is safe is killing me. I have a pack and worry about everyone but she is my everything." I tell him honestly.

Tyler is the only one I can talk to about this stuff. I can't show weakness with any of my other pack members.

"And I don't trust Dante at all. That bastard has always had it out for me and even though I can't prove anything why would those rogues lie to me?" I ask.

"Yeah I agree. We will make sure to tighten up border patrols too." He says.

"Thanks Tyler. I feel better." I tell him.

"Good Alpha. Go get some sleep." He tells me.

"Wait I thought I was supposed to give you orders?" I ask chuckling.