Chapter 25- Searching For Each Other

Arianna's POV

I stay in wolf form to get home. I am able to catch some fish in the stream to eat and then I find a good spot to rest for a while. When daylight comes I get up eager to get back to Eli and Zander. I have so much to tell them.

I'm pregnant. I still can't wrap my head around it. And I finally have my wolf. I end up at the territory to find some of Zander's men on guard. I assume on high alert.

"Who are you and what the fuck do you want here?" His warrior Chase asks me angrily.

At first I am confused but soon realize that they don't know me in wolf form.

"Athena. Can you please help me shift?" I ask.

She doesn't answer she just begins to help me shift back to human form. Once I am human again, I realize I am naked. Yeah I forgot about that.

"Luna??" I hear them ask clearly shocked as they run over with a blanket to cover me up.

"Where is Zander?" I ask.

"Luna, he left last week when we all thought you were dead. I assume he has been all over trying to find you. He is sick with worry and so are we. He cut off the mind link so we can't get ahold of him." Chase tells me.

"Please keep trying to mind link him. I will try too. I have never done it before though." I tell them.

"I must go check on my brother though." I say.

"Yes Luna, please let me escort you." Chase says.

They walk me back to the pack house and I find Eli immediately. He is so happy to see me and the feeling is mutual. I then ask Athena to start helping me mind link Zander.

Zander's POV

I arrive in Dante's territory after several days of questioning rogues and tearing their throats out as I go. I have lost track of time. I don't even care if I start a war. I am going to avenge my mate. I know Dante had something to do with this. I was able to sneak onto his land very easily. I can smell my mate. Her scent is very faint. She has been here. I am not sure if she still is or not.

I head straight to the pack house to discover Hannah inside.

"What the fuck are you doing here??" I ask her.

"Well, Dante was my mate. But he was killed today. So now I have no one." She says sadly.

"Fuck!! What the fuck happened to Ariana? I know you know." I demand.

"I honestly have no idea. Dante and I just recently discovered we were mates. I have no idea what happened to your mate. I am sorry." She says.

I throw a glass vase across the room and it shatters into a million pieces.

"If I find out you had anything to do with what happened to her I will rip you apart. Trust me."
I tell her.

She looks at me fearfully. I turn to leave and she stops me.

"What will you do if you don't ever find her? What if she really is dead? Are you going to spend the rest of your life alone?" She asks.

"If I can't be with my given mate, I don't want anyone." I tell her truthfully.

"Why won't you even consider getting back together with me?" She asks.

"You know, for someone who just lost her mate you don't seem too upset. I know Dante was an asshole but he was your mate. I am sorry I am not interested. Go find someone else Hannah." I tell and I walk out the door.

But before I get very far she shifts and lunges at me.

"Hannah. Stop it. Knock it off or I will kill you. I promise." I mindlink her after pinning her to the ground.

"I love you. Why don't you love me?? You want a stupid human over what I could give you!!" She yells.

"Don't talk about my mate that way. You have no clue what you are talking about." I tell her.

"I hope she is fucking dead. So you end up alone and miserable." She says coldly.

That's all I need to rip her heart out and throw it. She lays there lifeless beneath me. Someone I though I knew and once cared about. Ariana was right about her.

I move about the pack house trying to see if I can locate her scent. I just know she was here. I sniff around until I pick up on her scent heading down to their dungeons.

I run quickly down the steps and I smell her scent heavily. I find a cell filled with lots of fresh blood. I smell it and know it was Ariana.

Fuck. Please be ok. I can't live without you.

But where are you??