Chapter 24- Athena

Ariana's POV

"What do you want with me?" I seethe venomously.

"Shut the bell up you bitch." She says as she slaps me hard across the face.

I just sit there in shocked silence but I glare at her.

"You honestly thought I was going to let him go so easily? The strongest alpha around? You don't deserve him. A weak, useless human isn't good enough for Zander." She says.

"Why can't you let him go? Don't you have a mate of your own?" I ask.

She looks over to the guy standing next to her. He is muscular and good looking but not like Zander. He stares back at me hard, his face laced with disgust.

"Meet Dante. This is my mate. But our mate bond just isn't right. We don't love each other. So we decided not to mark each other. We agreed that I would go back to Zander and convince him to mate with me. And Dante can keep you as his sex slave and he can mark and mate you. The thing is Dante is heartless and ruthless. He doesn't care who he fucks as long as he gets some. So it's a win-win for all of us really." She says sickly.

"You both are disgusting. Zander loves me. He will find me and kill you both." I tell them.

She laughs manically before saying, "Oh Ariana you are clueless. You don't think we have planned this out? Zander is being informed as we speak that you have been killed in a fire. He won't be able to feel the mate bond being severed because he hasn't marked you yet. We have someone in his pack that has been working with us. Zander will think you are dead and I will swoop in and pick up the pieces. He will fall back in love with me and I will be Luna."

"He won't believe you." I say.

He couldn't! He wouldn't right? What about Eli? This can't be happening. Tears betray me as they fall down my cheek.

"Oh you poor, pathetic and weak human." She laughs.

I want to kill her. I wish I could finally shift and end her. I knew she couldn't be trusted. I hate her.

We exchange evil glares as she and Dante exit the cell that they have me locked and chained in.

God how will I ever get out of here? I hope Zander doesn't believe them.

Zander's POV

I arrive back in the territory late, eager to get back to my beautiful mate. I head inside to find Ariana's body guards asleep on the job. I scoff disgusted. I head up to my bedroom ready to snuggle my mate only to find she isn't there.

Where is she?

I search everywhere in the house and I can't find her anywhere. Fuck. I swear if something happened to her. I search Eli's room only to find him sound asleep. Panic and anger start to consume me as I call out for my beta and gamma to meet me.

"What's wrong alpha?" They ask.

"I can't find Ariana. I have searched everywhere. Search this entire property until she is found. I have to go tend to the worthless body guards I hired." I boom angrily. I will kill them.

They both run off in wolf form to search the pack lands. I lock both body guards in the dungeons after beating them both badly. They are lucky they aren't dead.

A little while later, my gamma mind-links me.

"Alpha. Come quick. Meet me at the south border."
He says.

I run as fast as I can to find a huge section of woods on fire.

"Alpha sir. I found a note." My gamma says as he hands it over to me shakily.