Chapter 12-Busted

Ariana's POV

I wake up feeling much better. How long did I sleep? I wake up to see its 8:00 am. Wait a minute didn't I wake up at this time already? Was I just dreaming? Seriously something is very wrong with me. Then I hear a light knock on the door. It's Charlotte.

"Come in." I tell her still extremely tired.

"Are you feeling better? How did you sleep?" She asks me.

Definitely wasn't a dream.

"I feel better. Still a little tired but I don't feel fevered and in pain anymore. I guess the fever broke." I tell her.

"That's wonderful. Do you think you might feel like eating some breakfast?" She asks me.

How in the world did I have a fever that went away that quickly? Unless I slept through the day?

"What day is it?" I ask her.

"It's Tuesday." She tells me.

Geez I slept through the entire day yesterday. When I called for Zander he never came to be with me. I am feeling kind of mad at him.

"I'll be down for breakfast shortly." I tell Charlotte.

She takes the hint and leaves the room. I am still naked and have to get dressed. I take a long shower that feels amazing. It's normal water temperature and I love it. I would love it even more if Zander was with me. I shake my head of these thoughts. Not sure why I am thinking about that. I truly know nothing about it. My father scarred me for life I think. But Zander is really gorgeous. I am starting to have feelings for him. I feel very confused. But I am still mad at him for not coming to see me yesterday. I know I really probably shouldn't be as mad as I am since he was sick too but he could have at least just came to make sure I was alright. It really bothers me for some reason.

I exit the shower and get dressed quickly. My stomach starts to growl. I am starving. I quickly head down the stairs to see a large spread of food across the table. It looks so yummy and I am so hungry. I have to be careful not to eat to much though. I have put on weight since I have been here and don't want to get carried away. I see Eli, James, Zander, and Charlotte all sitting at the table just starting to eat their food. I put food on my plate and begin to eat too.

"Ariana, is that all you are going to eat honey?" Charlotte asks.

"Yes, I need to watch my weight." I tell her honestly.

Zander growls. Wait. Zander can growl? And why do I care I am mad at him. I am sitting across the table from him and he leans in to ask how I am feeling. I give him a simple "fine" and turn my head towards the conversation going on at the table.

Zander POV

Ariana is pissed at me and I don't like it. She is ignoring me and barely saying two words to me. It's making me so mad. She doesn't understand a wolf and how they have a temper. I don't want to scare her either because I know her father was abusive to her. But damn I would love to spank her right now. Well not just because I am angry. Damnit I have to learn to control my thoughts. And she thinks she is fat? What the fuck? She was skin and bones when she got here. She is getting some meat on her bones and I love it. She's absolutely beautiful. My thoughts are interrupted as I listen to the rest of the conversation going on around me.

"So Ariana, your brother here tells me you have a birthday coming up?" My mother asks her.

Eli looks at me confused but I shake my head for him to play along.

"Yes. It's September 6th." She tells us. That's the same day as mom's.

"Oh my God, that's my birthday too!" My mom tells Ariana.