Chapter 15- The Truth is Revealed

Ariana's POV

I wake up early the next morning and pack a few outfits for myself and Eli. I wake him up and tell him we have to go. He's not happy and argues with me,
but he listens. He knows I am the boss now. I attempt to sneak away before Zander wakes up. We head downstairs through the living room and are almost out the door when we hear a voice coming from behind us.

"You really are leaving me." He says sadly. I really don't care either. I refuse to sit here and just be his piece of ass.

I turn around to face him, "Yes. We are." I tell him.

I pull on Eli's shirt to get him to follow me.

"Eli, please tell your sister you want to stay. I want you here. I want you both to stay. Please don't go." Zander says.

Ohhhh. He's playing so dirty right now. Trying to make Eli feel bad. And it's working.

"Please Ariana. Just talk to him. Give him a chance to talk to you. Then if you still want to leave after you hear what he has to say then we will leave." Eli tells me. He's really a smart kid.

"Fine." I say unconvinced that Zander will say anything to make me stay.

"Cool!!" Eli exclaims as he runs back upstairs.

Traitor.

I go sit down on the couch waiting to hear Zander's excuses. This should be good.

"Thank you for giving me a chance to talk." He begins.

I just nod my head letting him know or continue.

"So...I need to tell you a lot of things but I am starting with what happened last night. You told me you loved me and I wasn't sure what that even was. I just thought it was something people told each other to get them to stay with them or to compliment each other. I didn't think it was real. Until I met you. I was cold and I didn't have a lot of friends. I lived a lonely life. But you changed me. And Eli did too. I actually have a family now and I can't stand the thought of losing either of you. So I started thinking about what love is and what it means. I think it means something different for everyone. But if it means wanting to be with someone for the rest of your life because you feel life is meaningless without them, then I do love you. If it means you would do anything to keep them safe, happy, and protected then I love you. If it means feeling jealous when someone else looks your way, then I love you. If it means that I feel better than I ever have in my life when I am with you, than I love you. I do love you Ariana. And I think I have loved you since the moment I laid eyes on you at the ball. That's when you really started to change me. I am a different person than I was when I first met you. I actually think that you taught me how to love. Because the way I was living my life before, I didn't know love. So to respond to what you told me last night, I love you too. More than anything else in my life." He finishes.

Oh God. I didn't think he was going to say something like that. I am caving. I start to cry. He looks at me like he is afraid that he hurt me. To prove to him that these are nothing but happy tears, I tackle him and kiss him long and hard. I stop to look him in his eyes.

"I love you. You are all I ever wanted and needed in my life. God sent me to you so you could save me. And you have done more for me than anyone else has in my entire life." I tell him I kiss him again hard.

We kiss like this for several moments until we realize we are being watched.

"Eli, what are you doing?" I ask him.

"Does this mean we get to stay?! He asks excitedly.

"Yes Eli." I tell him. He jumps around excitedly until he ends up jumping on top of both of us hugging us with all his life.