Chapter 17- Ariana's Birthday Part 2

Ariana's POV

I sit anxiously as Ashley assists me with getting ready again. I am so nervous about tonight. I am not sure how people are going to like me. I have never had many friends or acquaintances at all. Ashley begins to notice my internal dilemma and finally decides to talk to me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asks.

"Ashley I am so nervous. I have never really had friends or made friends easily. I don't know how to go around and meet people. Plus Zander is the leader of a pack. I have never been a leader. I don't know how to do any of this. I am just a simple girl and this all seems like a lot." I express my concerns.

"Ariana, everything is going to be fine. Just trust your instincts and smile. Be you. I know you are very nice and kind hearted. That's all people really want from a Luna. When the time is right and you have to be stern, you will be. You have pretty much raised your brother and he has turned out great. I think you are going to do wonderfully." She says with a smile.

I can't help but hug her.

"Thank you so much. What you just said means the world to me. I think you are the first friend I have made." I tell her kindly.

"Well, now that you are ready emotionally, let's get you ready physically." She says happily.

Ashley works her magic on me and then I help her to get ready as well. I don't do well with the make-up stuff so she does that herself but I help her a little with her hair and her dress. I put on my dress and look at myself in the mirror. I love it! It's not near as dressy as the ball dress was but it's still beautiful. Maybe even a little sexy. It's shorter than I would normally wear but has a pretty lacy sleeve and is open in the front showing a little cleavage but nothing awful. Definitely a cocktail type dress that that says I am officially an adult now.

This is what my dress looks like

Ashley looks equally as beautiful with her stunning purple dress.

After we finish getting ready, we head downstairs to the ball room

After we finish getting ready, we head downstairs to the ball room. As I walk into the room filled with people, my eyes scan the room for Zander. After a few moments we lock eyes. I have to say he looks amazing in his suit. I shamelessly check him out.