Part 1: Chapter 23

"I still can't believe you're pregnant," Briana said helping me fold my clothes.

"Me either. But, it is what it is, I guess."

"Don't say it like that."

"Yea I know, it's just weird that's all. Everybody keeps telling me that I'll get used to it, but I'm about to be 6 months and it's still foreign to me."

"Do you want the baby?" Briana hesitantly asked.

"It doesn't matter what I want. Dashawn wants the baby, and we already talked about it. I just...I never thought about kids. I don't have the best upbringing nor a role model to look up to. All I learned from my mom is what not to do. And I'm still learning shit myself, shit no one taught me. How the hell am I supposed to love and care for a baby. I don't want to be anything like her when it comes to raising a child."

"Asha, you are nothing like her."

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I don't. But, I know you and what you're not. Especially from the shit you told me about your mom and Kennedy. You are nothing like them evil bitches. And like you said, you learned what not to do."

"Right," I nodded agreeing with her.

"But like, will I be able to bond with the baby? Will I love it? Will I know what to do? It's all a lot to think about," I frowned.

"Do you talk about this stuff with your therapist?"

"Yes. She definitely helps me a lot, but I'm still getting comfortable with her. There's nothing like talking to a friend though," I laughed.

"I know that's right."

We finished folding the clothes and went downstairs right as the front door opened. I tried not to roll my eyes.

"Briana this is Dashawn. D this is my best friend Briana from high school."

"Wassup Briana."

"Hey," she said back.

"Asha lemme talk to you."

"No." I sat down on the couch.

Briana retreated back up the stairs.

"Why you so mad?"

"I ain't mad."

"This petty shit you doing is getting old. You gone turn off your phone, oh ight. I told yo ass about that shit and you still trying me."

"To be honest, I ain't tried you enough," I stated calmly. He laughed bitterly.

"You gettin bold and reckless with that mouth. Maybe it needs to be washed out with my dick next."

"You so fucking foul. I can't stand you." I got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Since when?"

"Get out. You're ruining my day." He backed me up against the refrigerator, my belly stopping him from getting too close.

"I like when you act like this instead of being all timid and shit. That's sexy too, but this jealousy shit got me hard. Why you jealous anyway?

"Jealous is the last thing I feel," I lied.

"You ain't got nothing to worry about. All my attention is on you and that baby," he said pointing to my stomach. "It's not like I was gone fuck her. She was just doin me a favor."

"I was gone for two seconds. You can get your dick wet by me not some thirsty ass bitch."

"Oh shit, ma you jealous?" Dashawn smirked down at me and I rolled my eyes. I was trying hard to keep my composure, but the way he kept looking at me had my pussy throbbing. These damn hormones. He lifted me up by my ass and sat me down on the counter.