Part 1: Chapter 24

"You just relax and stay your pretty ass seated," Penny said.

"Penny, you do too much," I laughed. I'm not allowed to do anything since I've been on bed rest aka house arrest, for the past three months. I have to stay on bed rest until I deliver, for health reasons. Other than that, today is my gender-neutral baby shower. Only women are allowed to come, so the men are off doing their own thing.

Penny was able to come, as well as April, Ashanti, Briana, Robyn, Dashawn and Robyn's mama, and a bunch of their relatives. I had no family members of my own, but I already knew that that was how it was gonna be.

Since the baby shower is gender neutral with a spa-like theme, we are all wearing matching creme beige silk pajamas and white fuzzy slippers. My outfit is slightly darker than everyone else's. The whole theme is all about comfort, and I was beyond comfortable. Ashanti did my hair. I was initially going to get a lace front but I decided to just have my hair silk pressed.

I am a couple of weeks shy of nine months. Then I'll only have a month until my due date, unless the baby comes early or they induce me. But, I try not to think about that because the thought of giving birth terrifies me.

"I'm hungry," I pouted as my stomach growled, knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Then I'll go fix you a plate."

Everyone was either up getting food or dancing while I just wanted to eat. I wanted everyone to eat before we started on the games.

"Thank you," I said as Penny placed a plate full of food down in front of me. Ashanti, April, and Briana came up to the table with plates of their own and took the seats around me. Penny and Briana have been getting pretty cozy since I introduced them. They are currently deep in conversation.

I spotted Robyn across the room going from table to table handing out little slips of paper. When I finally got her attention, I waved her over.

"If you don't sit down and eat first. The games can wait," I stated.

"But, I can just finish-"

"Nope, if you don't sit down I will get up." I know Robyn is just excited and wants everything to go smoothly since she planned the whole thing. I can't blame her for trying to do multiple things at once.

"Fine, I'll be back."

I smiled as she made her way to the buffet of food. We made room for her and I made her ass sit next to me so I could watch her.

"I think it's a girl," Briana said.

"I'm going with boy," April and Ashanti said at the same time.

"I'm going with a girl also," Penny said.

"Me too," Robyn smiled at me.

"What do you think it is?" Briana asked me. I shrugged.

"I have a feeling it's a girl, but it doesn't matter to me. Dashawn and I have a little bet going on. If it's a girl that means I win and I get to have his car. If it's a boy then he gets to keep his car."

"Ohhhh, what kind of car are we talking about?"

"His Rolls-Royce Ghost," I tried not to smile. They burst out in questions.

"Look," I said trying to calm them down. "I didn't think he would agree to the bet when I asked."

"Girl, you know he would do anything for you," Robyn spoke up next to me. I nudged her shoulder playfully.