Part 3: Chapter 62

11 months later...

I sat patiently in the small waiting room just flipping through magazines as I waited for Royce to finish up the session with her therapist. The sessions usually last thirty minutes, but sometimes an hour. Today was one of the longer ones.

Royce and I have different therapists so our sessions are never on the same day. When we first started therapy, we would go once a week for the first few months. Then we switched to once every two weeks. Now we go once a month. It's expensive, but our health insurance covers most of it, leaving me with a small copay for every visit. And I don't mind paying at all.

I looked up from the magazine when I heard a door open. I stood up and placed the magazine back on the table where I found it. Royce said goodbye to her therapist and ran over to me. I waved to Ms. Shonda and left with Imani.

"So, how did it go?" I asked her once we got situated in the car.

"It was good. We talked a lot," she responded back.

"I bet. You were in there for an hour."

"Yes, I told Ms. Shonda that me, you, and daddy are going out to eat today."

"You did?" I asked.

"Yes. I told her that even though mommy and daddy aren't together, they still love each other. I also said that I like when we all spend time together. It makes me happy," she smiled.

"I'm glad you're happy Imani. It makes me happy to see you happy," I told her. She only smiled at me as I started the car.

Once we got to the house, Imani and I took a long nap. Some hours later when my alarm went off, I woke her up and rushed to take a quick shower. And of course she was right behind me with all her little questions.

"Where are we going mommy?" She asked.

"Umm, that's a good question. I don't know, but all I was told was to dress nicely," I responded back.

"What are you wearing then?" I turned off the shower and pulled back the curtains.

"That's what I'm about to go figure out." Royce passed me the towel and I stepped out. "Did you want to take a shower?" I asked her.

"No, I already did before we took our nap," she said leaving out the bathroom. All right then. I finished drying off before following after her. When I got back to the room, she already had two of my dresses laid out on the bed. Her little ass was too eager.

"I like this one," she pointed to a very revealing dress.

"No, that's too much baby. Where do you think we're going?"

"It's pretty though," she pouted.

"I agree, but it's a hard no." I moved the first dress to the side and examined the next one. It wasn't bad, but definitely not something I would wear out to eat. These were too much. I picked both of the dresses up and went into my closet where I found the hangers on the floor.

"Imani, how about you go put on the outfit I laid out for you."

"But I wanna help you," she said.

"You can help me by getting yourself dressed."

"Okay," she mumbled. She then left the room.

I pondered over what to wear for awhile. When I found a dress that suited the occasion, I quickly got ready.

I made sure to put on some lotion, deodorant, and perfume. I then snapped on my favorite push-up bra, slipped into a thong, and shimmied into the stretchy material of my blue and orange dress. Since my hair was already done in a sleek low-ponytail, I only had to fix the minor imperfections. I grabbed my orange heels, a jacket, and a small purse before going into Imani's room.