Part 3: Chapter 58

⚠️Trigger warning: violence and sensitive topics⚠️
.....

"We caught these three tryna escape out the back. They the last ones left," O'Shea said clutching his side.

"You good?" D asked him.

"One of them bitches shot at me. Their aim is piss poor so the bullet only grazed my side, but that shit still hurt," he grumbled in annoyance.

Dashawn nodded and turned his attention to the three remaining niggas in the room. He took his time sizing each of them up as they tried not to make eye contact with him. "Which one of you is Red?" D asked even though he knew no one would answer.

Red didn't know what to do besides keep his mouth shut and try to act as harmless as possible. He was hoping that he could somehow play ignorant and keep his identity a secret. And if given the chance, he would gladly take a quick bullet to the head before he fixed his mouth to confess his sins. He, by all means, wanted to avoid the slow torturous death that Dashawn was known to give his victims.

"The reinforcements are here," Tony spoke up.

"Good. This will only take a few minutes, and then we're done here." Dashawn had already established that Red was one scary ass nigga, so he was certain that this little interrogation wouldn't last long.

"Also, call the cleanup crew and sweep this place clean."

Tony went to go make the call while D continued to eye the room. He made sure to put some heat into his gaze as he observed their postures and the way their chests rose and fell—whether or not they took shallow or deep breaths. And more importantly, Dashawn was trying to pick up on any nervous tics that any of them might have.

"Last chance," D said. He was trying his best to stay calm and hold himself back, but it was hard. The only thing keeping him from going into a fit of rage was the notion that he didn't want to act too brash and jeopardize his chances of finding Imani.

Pushing up off the wall, D grabbed the first object he could find. It was a random pencil, and it was blunt as hell, but it would do. He then strolled up to the one that he was almost a hundred percent certain wasn't Red. The dude glanced up right as Dashawn grabbed his head, pulled back, and plunged the pencil into his neck. The nigga howled in pain, but Dashawn covered his mouth to silence some of the noise. "Shhhh, relax before I really give you something to cry about."

"I'm not—"

"I know," D said pulling out his gun and shooting the dude in the head.

Red could hear the whole exchange happening just a few feet away from him. When he heard the gunshot, he accidentally made the mistake of flinching just the tiniest bit, causing Dashawn to pick up on the small movement. He quickly tried to calm his nerves, but it was already too late. Panicked, Red just barely lifted his eyes to make sure that no one saw the stutter in his movements, but when he did so, he accidentally locked eyes with Dashawn.

"You," Dashawn sneered in disgust, letting his first victim hit the ground. Dread filled every ounce of Red's body as he tried to act indifferent about the fact that he had just fucked up. But, the closer D got, the more his resolve faded and he ended up scurrying back against the wall.

"Look, I didn't know she was your kid," he blurted out.

"Damn, you one predictable ass nigga." D shot the second dude in the head, then grabbed Red and dragged his body up the wall until he was standing on his feet.

"Where is she?" D asked, pinning Red's body to the wall.

"I don't—"

"Where is she?" D asked again, getting all up in his face this time.