Part 1: Chapter 6

"Why you so nervous? You look cute and comfy." I just don't want any unwanted attention. This is not something I would wear around random people.

A few hours went by of us watching tv. It was now well past dark outside and I could hear every time a new set of people came into the house. They all went straight to the basement.

"Come on." Before I could say anything, she dragged me out the room. "Loosen up."

'I know what could make me loosen up,' I thought to myself.

"Do you drink?" She asked pulling me down the stairs.

"No, not really."

"Do you smoke?"

"Smoke what?" I asked.

"Weed of course," she laughed.

As soon as we got down there, the stench of weed filled my senses and YFN Lucci's Wet was playing on the speakers. This my shit. The whole vibe was definitely chill. There were girls dancing and twerking and niggas just enjoying the view.

"Here take this," Briana said handing me two shots. I really do not like the taste of alcohol. I put it up to my lips and cringed before downing both shots.

I shook my head in disgust. She handed me two more and I took both of them.

"Okay, that's enough," I swatted at her hands. She downed four shots of her own with ease.

The liquor helped a little I guess. I did feel a bit buzzed.

Briana pulled me towards an open spot when 'She Twerkin' blasted through the speakers. She started  dancing on me and then decide to place her hands on my ass. I grabbed her hands so fast. "Don't be so timid," she pouted.

"Hey Asha." I turned at my name being called.

"I ain't know you was gone be here," April said with a smile on her face.

"Me either," I sighed out.

"Can we join y'all," she asked. Both April and Ashanti looked like they was high. I just nodded. Briana grabbed both of them and started dancing.

"All this ass, I know you know how to throw your shit back," Briana practically yelled at the top of her lungs. I do, but I don't throw it back for just anyone. Soon, I excused myself and went off to find a bathroom. On the way, I stopped to get some more to drink. This time, I chugged a cup of vodka mixed with cranberry juice. It was gross.

I went back up to Briana's room to pee. When I was rounding the corner, I ran into Brandon tongue deep in some girl. I went around them and into Briana's room. When I was done, I sat on her bed and tried to stop myself from overthinking everything. I told myself that I would follow Briana's words and loosen up. Why not try to have some fun.

I was walking down the stairs when I stopped dead in my tracks. Cairo was standing at the bottom of the stairs practically eating me up. I felt even more self conscious.

"Wassup Asha." I walked down the remaining steps. Now closer, I could smell his intoxicating cologne. 

"You look good," he said. I shivered as his breath fanned the side of my face.

"You're drunk," I countered.

"Nah, just tipsy but I can handle myself." I was about to say something back when a girl came up and ran her hands up his chest. Thirsty much.

"Come dance with me," she whined. I scrunched my face up and walked around them.

I made my way over to Briana, Ashanti, and April.

Ashanti pulled me into an embrace. I slightly tensed up. "I'm sorry for being so standoffish earlier this week. You seem cool." I just patted her back.

"I understand. It ain't bother me much."

"Cool, let's dance," she said. As time went by, I slowly started to open up. I was even having fun. I twerked and danced on Briana as she hyped me up, and I honestly turned into a different person. I usually only feel comfortable around Dashawn, but it felt good to let go of all my baggage for a little while. Kennedy wasn't in my business, so I didn't have to worry about anything or anyone, especially my mama. I was content.

Not long after, I felt hands go around my waist.

"Damn ma, I guess you ain't as timid as you seem," Cairo whispered in my ear. His grip was tight as I tried to inch myself away from him.

"Cairo," I warned. He pulled us back towards the couch. I was trying to keep up with his long strides but he was moving too fast.

"What?" He sat down on the couch and pulled me on his lap. Don't get me wrong, he is sexy as hell, but the last thing I wanted was for him to use me, especially since I may or may not have a small insignificant petty crush on him. I see the girls he entertains and I'm not with it. A guy like him only looks at a girl like me when he wants to use her and throw her away like a piece of trash after he has had his fill. It may not be that deep, but I don't need any drama right now.

"Let me go." I looked at him trying so hard not to get frustrated. I don't know why I was getting so worked up all of a sudden.

"Why? Ion bite," he chuckled.

"Please just let go of me." I pushed at his chest, and I guess when he saw I wasn't playing, he released me. I got up so fast.

"What I do?" He looked at me confused.

That same girl from earlier took the opportunity to take my place on his lap. I frowned. Hoes like that disgust me. I felt his eyes on me as I made my way to the door.

"What did you do!? She was finally having fun," I heard Briana yell.

.......
Sorry this chapter is short. They will get longer as the story progresses.🥴

As always, please vote and comment.