Part 16

"Good, rest for a while Izuku."

------------------‐--------------------------------------------

Izuku was falling....No, he was floating. No that isn't right either but something was definitely wrong, He knew it.

He tried speaking but no sound came at all. He couldn't see anything nor could he feel but what he did feel was that he was comfortable here.

In this darkness, with no pain, misery, trauma, worries, guilt. There was nothing here to hold him down yet he knew he wasn't free.

He stayed there, wondering what was going on, did he die?

Was this some sort of eternal damnation or was it eternal bliss?

Could they not save him?

As he contemplated why he was where ever he was, a dim light made it's way to him. He tried to maneuver around to see it but just like a few moments ago, movement wasn't a luxury granted to him in this strange place so he waited and finally saw a Koi fish swimming towards him.

His peaceful rest stopped abruptly. Memories of his past flooded his mind as it got closer.

Quirkless jerk

Useless

Waste of space

Deku

The fish circled around him, it seemed to enjoy it, the boy however didn't. The longer the fish stayed the more his mind filled up with past traumas, he was suddenly in his middle school uniform, the black blazer and trousers he couldn't see a thing but he somehow knew that he was wearing it.

The fish swam to his face and just stayed there with no movement. Its eyes were pitch black just like everything surrounding him, its colors were white and red and if it weren't for the pain in his mind Izuku would've considered the fish beautiful, elegant and gentle even.

He saw something in the fish's eyes, it looked like pity, he knew that look well, it's what his peers looked at him with most of the time.

They stared into each others eyes for a while until the fish suddenly flicked it's tail and Izuku fell.

He plummeted straight down and he was most definitely falling this time. He stopped suddenly and fell again but the drop was only a few inches.

Once he gathered his thoughts he tried to stand up but a weight held onto his chest. He struggled to turn to the side and ripped open his blazer, all you could see were his heart and ribs, it seemed like his skin and flesh never existed in the first place.

As he looked for the weight he saw something that looked like a centipede, it was crawling around his ribs and finally stopped when it saw his heart. It hesitantly stepped onto his heart and just crawled around it for a while, shifting the weight.

When it found the most comfortable position it stopped moving and gripped his heart. Izuku gasped and screamed but no sound came once again. He tried to get it off but nothing he did worked. He clawed at it and scratched his heart but to no avail. Tears pricked his eyes and flowed down the sides of his face as the centipede's many legs wrapped around his heart and stayed there.