Part 54

You did it for your own validation.
---------------------------‐----------------------------------

"Izuku, sweetheart, do you know why I'm doing this to you?"

The little boy shook his head vigorously, holding his bruising wrist close to his chest with tears pouring from his eyes and down his face, making new trails and covering the old ones littering his freckled cheeks.

"It's because you were being selfish, darling, so very selfish." Izuku sniffled from where he sat in the corner of his room. "Running away from your mummy? That's a terrible thing to do Izuku." She said with an exaggerated frown.

"I'm sorry-"

"No, no." she stops him with the sound of her wooden cane hitting the ground violently. "I'm speaking aren't I, Izuku. We don't interrupt when someone's speaking. It's rather impolite." She talks down to him and he nods fearfully.

"Where was I?" She tuts. "See Izuku, now you've made me forget, why don't you remind me, hm?" Izuku's eyebrows somehow bunched together more than they already had.

"I don't like to repeat myself."

"Y-you were telling me...you were te-lling me about how I-I was being selfish." he shivered with every word he uttered.

The little seven year old didn't even know what the word 'selfish' meant, she'd used a lot of words when describing him but he'd never heard selfish before.

"That's right. Now, since I can't trust you to stay at home when I tell you to, how about we do something about those little legs of yours?"

"Plea-se! I'll be good, I won't- I won't leave again!" He pleaded with all he had but she refused his request with a cynical smile spread across her face.

He didn't even see her moving the solid piece of wood floating in the air but he felt it on his shin.

He heard a crack.

And it wasn't the cane.

After that it was all a blur, he couldn't comprehend what was happening, all he knew was that he was in pain, severe pain.

He didn't register when she switched from the cane to blades, all he knew was that their carpet became a lot darker than what he remembered it as; the pale, light green now looked like a dark brown instead.

He felt his body gradually heat up but it wasn't a comforting warmth, it wasn't like being wrapped in a blanket or sitting by a fire.

It was like he was in hell.

"Fuck!" Izuku jolted from his futon and looked around frantically. "Goddamnit" he ran his hands through his hair and bit his lip, taking his blanket off and rushing out of the door of the boy's sleeping quarters as his body shivered violently.