Part 18

You're not a burden and I love you, remember that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

*Izuku pov*

"Hey!!!!!!!!!!", I jumped off the bed with a knife in my hand and landed in a crouching position which made my injuries sting, I looked at the source of the noise and saw 1A with perplexed looks on their faces. I put my knife back into the fold in the hospital gown and into its sheath. I stood up and saw dad glaring at the class with his quirk activated.

"You assholes better have a good reason to wake me and my son up from our extremely needed sleep.", I got back into the blanket as everyone struggled to explain themselves. "We wanted to drop by and see how you were doing because we.............love you?", dad huffed and buried his face in my pillow.

I sat up next to him and smiled softly at everyone. "Hey, how're you both doing", Uraraka asked as she leaned close to me, I was visibly uncomfortable and shuffled to the back. "I umm, we're doing good, I woke up yesterday and then went back to sleep after that so I have no idea what's going on anymore", Kachan noticed my awkward position and pulled Uraraka away. Then he walked to me glared.

"I should kill you! How can your dumbass be so fucking reckless!!", Kachan yelled at me, tiny explosions going of in his palms. "I'm really sorry but I do this all the time so you really don't need to worry.", I said as I put my hands up. "We need to talk about that later problem child", dad said through the pillow. Kachan growled and walked away with his hands in his pockets and a scowl on his face.

"Izuku-kun that was disgraceful behavior on your part. Please apologize to all those that you've troubled-", surprisingly it was dad who interrupted. "Iida what are your thoughts on expulsion?", Iida answered swiftly, "I think when deemed necessary expulsion is a fair act.", I could hear dad roll his eyes but I could see everyone else's. "Then unless you stop spouting bullshit I will deem it necessary for you.", he said and Iida was either panicking or he was mad.

"Sir you cannot expel students without valid reasons-", "I will deem it necessary if I want to and you aren't heading down a good path if you continue arguing with me. Do I need to repeat myself?", he asked and added a little malice at the end. "No sir", Iida declared then he promptly left the room.

"So umm, what're you guys doing here?", I asked. "We wanted to see how you were doing, also the Sports festival is coming close so we just wanted to let you know.", Shoto said as he looked at me and then out of the window. I nodded and smiled. "Well there are atleast three decks of cards in that bag there or we can binge on anime.", I suggested. Everyone smiled and Mina yelled, "cards then anime!!", I heard a few groans but those were just exaggerated.

That's how we spent the day, playing a few rounds of bluff and poker-- another patient had tokens and let us borrow them. Then we binged on anime and food, we ordered katsudon and some ice cream.

"THEY BETTER FUCKING MAKE MAKI A FIRST GRADE OR SO HELP ME GOD I WILL KILL SOMEONE", Kachan yelled, he was against the idea of anime at first but he got really into it after the first episode of Jujutsu kaisen. "I fucking know right!!", I said as i shoved katsudon into my face.

We had fun but the clock rang 6 soon enough and visiting hours were over, everyone left but I had a nagging feeling that I was forgetting something. I stumbled off the bed and took my phone out from dad's bag, the I stumbled back to the bed.

I just scrolled through pinterest for a while until dad stirred awake. He sat up and rubbed his eyes then he turned to me with a serious expression on his face.

"We need to talk about two things.

1. You can't be that fucking reckless
2. You are required to listen to me at all times, as your father, teacher and superior. When I throw you across a building during a fight, it means I don't want you anywhere near that fight."

I sighed and put my phone down. "Okay, I've been that reckless my entire career and I'm more than qualified to take part in a fight."

"You don't have a career. You are a child-", "you say that but I can take the entire UA staff, quirks included.", his expression got dark. "I never wanted you on the streets but you twisted all the rules and got your way with the condition that I am in charge of you, it doesn't matter if you're stronger than me, it matters that you disobeyed an order."

"I only agreed to that messed up condition because there was no other way to help. I'm already wearing a tracker that I can't take off. Oh, just so you know, you'd be dead if I wasn't as 'reckless' as I was, a lot of people would be dead, Including the symbol of peace", he growled but I continued, "besides mg injuries weren't too bad, I've had wayyyy worse and I lived.", his expression changed into one of concern.

"Izuku.....you had 4 broken ribs grazing your lungs, 5 cracked ribs, two broken limbs, a dislocated shoulder, internal bleeding, sprained ankle, multiple cuts and bruises, a stab wound from somewhere, cracked femur, a sprain and a decayed ankle. You overworked yourself to the point where you needed to be put into a coma because we all knew you'd refuse any form of rest that we forced into you. If that isn't bad then I don't know what is.", "well what about you? I don't know the exact injuries but from what I could tell you had a concussion, damage to the eyes which means permanent damage to your quirk, broken arms, stab wounds, broken ribs, a severely decayed elbow and more that I can't remember", he sighed and held my shoulders with his bandaged arms.

"I just want to keep you safe", I frowned. "Dad I'm a vigilante who's unfortunately gonna become a hero soon. I'm never going to be safe.", "I know, but I want to try atleast, as long as I have the ability I will keep you as safe as possible", I sighed and nodded, he smiled softly and hugged me.

"What do you remember from the fight?", he asked but I didn't really remember all too much so I just shrugged.

Oh.

My.

God.

"Dad he knows!", I said as I shook him by his shoulders. "What do you mean?", he asked frantically.

"Shigaraki knows I'm jade."