Part 63

"You haven't grown much since, Izuku."
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Auntie Inko?"

Izuku couldn't breathe.

"Katsuki, how have you been?" She closes the door behind her and a beep sounds from the other side "I do miss Mitsuki, is she well?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Katsuki screeches, not loud enough to break Izuku out of the trance he was in, but loud enough for the warm smile on Inko's face to falter a little.

Katsuki stands up with his hands still weighed down by the restraints on his hands. "Get out of here, you psychotic bitch!"

Izuku couldn't breathe.

"Katsuki!" She gasps in mock offense, "that's no way to speak to me!" She approaches them and the pit of dread in Izuku's stomach seemed to be spreading every which way.

"Isn't that right, Izuku?"

She'd gotten far closer than he would ever be comfortable with.

She was close enough to touch him.

Close enough to hurt him.

Izuku dared to look up.

°•°•°•°

"Look me in the eyes again and see how it turns out for you, Izuku."

°•°•°•°

Not far enough to catch her eyes, he had tried to purge her rules from his mind but his subconscience remembered for him.

She was wearing a maroon shirt with a black jacket and black jeans. Her cheeks were sunken in and her skin looked lifeless, and patchy but she still looked as she did. She still had soft and kind features that hid her hideous nature.

All of a sudden, she ducked her head down and looked into his eyes. He was forced to reciprocate and gaze into eyes so very similar to his own. Eyes that showed nothing but contempt for him, masked by a smile that looked so welcoming. Yet gone was the warmth and the comfort.

Izuku couldn't breathe.

"There you are, baby." she said sweetly. Her expression and tone would have been the picture of comfort, she almost looked like she actually cared.

But the eyes, the eyes always give them away.

He couldn't look away, no matter how hard he tried, no matter how rational he tried to be, no matter how logically he thought, no matter how hard he tried to forget.

The terror held his face in place with a vice like grip.

"Get the fuck away from him!"

A valiant effort but Katsuki underestimated her. The last he had heard of Inko, she had been a sweet little thing.

He didn't know what she had become.

Izuku heard the sound of an impact, like Kachan had been thrown into the wall. And if he could muster the strength to look sideways, he would see Katsuki slumped over against the far side of the room.

But her quirk was telekinesis.

Weak telekinesis.

She placed a curled finger under his chin and dragged his face up, using the other hand to delicately move the hair out of his eyes.

"How are you feeling?" Her palm settled on the left side of his face, her thumb moved across his cheek, back and forth while her other hand rested on his shoulder.

Izuku couldn't breathe

"I asked you how you were feeling, Izuku." Her nails suddenly dug into his skin and he was reminded of all the times his silence had brought him pain.

"Fine, mom"

It was like a knee-jerk reaction, he didn't even register the words till they had slipped out of his mouth, sounding hoarse and broken.

He nails were replaced by the pads of her fingers again while the other hand ran through his hair.

"There we go," she says, gratified and smiling. "You've already understood how things are going to be."

Izuku couldn't breathe

Her smile takes that twisted form again, "You do understand how things are going progress, yes, Izuku?"

"Yes, mom"

It was like he was 8 years old again. Sitting with his legs folded as she told him everything that was wrong with him, a weapon of her choosing floating nearby for her to use if he so much as blinked the wrong way.

Or if she just felt like it.

"Good" she pats his cheek, "I'll expect you to behave as such, Izuku. There are some important people that need you to behave." Inko drops her hand down to his left arm and Izuku recoils as if burned.

"Hush now, it's just me." she coos at him and gets closer. The bed creaks as Izuku shuffles as much as he can with his fatigued body and bound hands, trying his best to get away from the woman, but to no avail. He feels a subtle tug over his entire body that gently pulls him back towards the edge of the bed.

Back to her.

One hand goes to his head, running her fingers through his hair, the other  goes to his arm again as she ignores the terror in his eyes, revels in it even, and begins tracing the faded letters etched into him.

'W'

'O'

'R'

'T'

'H'

'L'

'E'

'S'

'S'

His eyes begin to get misty as she tucks a lock of hair behind his ear and rests her cheek to rest against the top of his head and whispers.

"I'm just reminding you, baby."

She turns away and walks toward the door. Every step she takes causes Izuku to shrink. She could turn at any moment and drop her facade.

"And Izuku?" He sits upright, feeling the pain shoot up his side at the sudden motion but it ebbs away. She turns to him as she pulls the door open, "Get that kid to shut up."

Izuku couldn't breathe.
______________________________________

See, I know it's short but hey! Double update!

I don't deserve to be called Author-san

-Gloomy