New years eve

December 31st. 

 Piper woke up wrapped in Alex’s arms. The raven haired girl was fast asleep. Piper got up slowly and quietly walked down the stairs, put on her coat and boots, and walked over to the main house. 

Kathryn, Sarah, and Polly were all getting things for the party. Pete, Larry, Nicky, and Lorna had all gone out to get more things for the party.

One of the neighbours was over already. 

“Oh Piper, hey! This is Eric.” Polly said greeting the blonde and pointing over to the average hight guy in a black shit, and dark jeans. 

“Hey.” Piper replied, taking off her winter gear. She then walked over and poured herself a mug of coffee. 

“Hey, late night?” Eric said to Piper with a noticeable british accent. 

Piper looked over to the clock on the stove. 12:25pm. “Shit it’s late.” 

Sarah and Piper hadn’t had much interaction over the few days. Piper had assumed it was because she was with Alex at first, but she wasn’t really sure. Ever since the night Lorna arrived her and Kathryn hadn’t spoken much either. 

Polly had been really busy with Pete, so Piper was hanging out with Nicky and Lorna mostly. Yesterday she had spent quite a bit of time with Larry. 

Just as Piper made her way into the living room Alex walked in. She eyed Kathryn and Sarah who just glared at her. Polly hesitantly greeted the girl and introduced her to Eric. Alex said hi and then made her way into the living room where Pipe was.

“You’re up!” Piper looked over to the tall girl walking over to her. 

“Loud stairs.” She sat down. 

“Sorry.” The blonde planted a soft kiss on Alex’s lips. 

“Shit, look’s like I don’t have a chance with either of you.” Eric interrupted. 

The two of them looked at him weirdly, as if he was being rude by interrupting their moment.

“That was my bad attempt at a joke…” He continued. 

“Sure.” Alex replied. “So Eric, what brings you here so early?”

“I thought I’d help out. I know how crazy parties up here can get.”

“I never pictured Canadians as the party type.” Piper added. 

“Well looks like you two are going to be in for a treat.” 

A few people had arrived, but they were all mainly friends of Kathryns.