Some things come to an end.

Alex sat in the dark room. She sat in the pitch black room, no light coming in, staring at the materials she needed. At least she thought she was staring at them. It was impossible to see in the pitch black. 

"Let's do this." She sighed as she stood up, grabbed a can opened and broke open the the canister the film was sitting in. She took out the film and attempted to put it on the reel. It was hard, and this was only her second time doing this. 

Finally after a few minutes of trying, the film was fully in the real, and in the container. Alex opened up the door, and was blinded for a second by the light. She then went to get all the chemicals she needed, and then soon enough, she was ready to develop her film. 

It took a lot of time that she even had to stay in through lunch to develop the film. That was fine with her though. Ever since the other night, when the two of them had that talk, things had been a but awkward. 

There were really no bad feelings there, it was just sort of awkward. In fact, Piper had been spending more time with Polly, while she spent her time with Nicky and Emma. 

It was almost winter break, which also meant Gerard was leaving. The two of them hadn't spoken much recently. Mostly because he was busy with school work, and it got even harder with her new job. 

But there was going to be a small gathering of people at Gerard's house to say goodbye, and also for the holidays. It was mostly for the holidays. 

"How's it going?" 

"What?" Alex replied startled. 

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you." Gerard sat down beside Alex, who was now just waiting for her film to wash. 

"I just wasn't expecting anyone."

"I was never aware that we actually had a place to develop film in this school."

"Hard to believe,   I know. This school has almost nothing, but a photography lab? Of course it has to have one."

"You are feeling a lot more sarcastic then usual today, aren't you?"

“Kind of hard not to be when you’re stuck in a photography lab with miss insane over there.” Alex tilted her head over to where her teacher was sitting, doing god knows what on the computer. 

“Understandable. So, you coming to the holiday part next week?”

“Wait, fuck is it the break next week?”

“Yup.” 

“Thank fucking god.” 

“You have any plans?”

“Not really, no. Piper and I were going to go on a small road trip, but I don’t know if that still happening.”