bonfire

It had been a few months since Alex had gotten the offer to work as the drama stage crew, and she still had not accepted the offer. Piper had been on her about it for a while, but at some point she stopped trying, hoping that Alex would eventually do it on her own.

The second semester of school started off weirdly for Piper. Her, Kathryn, and Sarah had never actually spoken about what had happened, and it seemed like they were never going to. It was like Sarah knew what she had said about Piper to Alex was going to be it. She knew what the problem was, and she didn’t care to fix it. 

Polly still continued to speak to them when they had class together, but it wasn’t as if they were friends. She spoke to them because she knew them. 

Recently Piper and Polly had started hanging out with Pete and his friends, which meant hanging around Larry. Whenever Alex was around though, Piper always hangout with her instead of Polly and Pete. 

It was a sunday night, which meant sunday dinner with the family at the Chapman house.

“So how’s Polly?” 

“She’s good, yeah. Doing well at school… Spending a lot of time with Pete…” 

“Pete?” Carol started to get rather intrigued. “Is that her boyfriend?” 

“Yep.” Was Pipers only response, hoping that didn’t get her mother started. But it did. 

“Why don’t you have a boyfriend? You know, the neighbours have a nice young boy who i’m sure would love to take you out on a date.” 

Piper rolled her eyes “I’m really not interested in going out with someone I don’t know.” 

“Well is there a boy you know who you would date?”

“N-“ Piper hesitated for a second, thinking about Larry, but that was ridiculous because she only liked Alex, right? “No.” 

“Who have you been spending so much time with if it isn’t a boyfriend?” Her father chimed in. 

“I’ve been hanging out with Alex.” There was an awkward moment before Piper realized she had to name more then just Alex. “And her friend Nicky, and Polly.” 

“Right, well as long as you’re not doing drugs and passing school, hangout with them all you want.” Bill replied, as if he didn’t really care about the conversation, he just felt like he had to contribute something. 

Cal was sitting at the table silently laughing at what was going on. 

“What are you laughing at?” Piper gave Cal a look that basically just said ‘shut up.’

“Nothing, it’s just funny because Alex-“

“No!” Piper yelled, startling both her mother and father.