Our Future

~9 years later~

~~ Ash POV ~~

Hey! Hello guys um... this is very new for me, but I want to tell you what I've been up to for the last few years! Oh wow where do I begin? There was so much that happened that I should just start talking now. Well, a few days after the party, we left for Sinnoh where Gary and I worked on a research assignment for around five months. Sere and I were together at every moment, and she began to do contests over there. Her first performances were very hard, and she had a little bit of trouble switching from showcases to performances for a while. She eventually got the swing of things when she talked to a top coordinator one day. I didn't know who the person she talked to was until like two years later which I found funny back then. Anyway, after Sinnoh we went to the Galar region where I had my first run-in with Leon. I was trying to rise through my ranks back then and meeting him was such a nice way to be introduced to Galar. The mission we had was a short one but it was very fun. I mean, I got to battle Leon! I still lost but it was a great experience. That battle was the one that made me focus even more in the world championships tournament and I told myself that I was going to battle Leon again one day and I was going to win.

We continued travelling for a good two years until we had to go our separate ways for a while. Gary was given very good recognition as a researcher, and he got even tougher expeditions from time to time. Serena was also gaining a lot of experience and she managed to become very popular when we stayed at Hoenn after our work with Gary was over. By the time Serena had gotten very good at contests I had reached the top 50 in the rankings. I still remember her reaction when I told her... She hugged me and gave me a kiss with that pretty smile and told me she was so happy. That also reminds me of her 18th birthday where we went to Kalos and there was this big party. Mom even came as a surprise, and she brought Clemont and Bonnie with her. We had that big party and I remember sitting at the couch while Sere cuddled with me. Bonnie had matured a little bit and wouldn't tease us anymore but I gotta say that I do miss those days a little.

But anyway, Sere's stay in Kalos made her want to perform in showcases again and I told her I was fine with her deciding to move back to Kalos. I was actually very happy with this because the trainers in Kalos were very tough, and I could maybe reach the master class in the region where I won the League. We stayed in Kalos for almost an entire year, and it was really fun. Sere got her princess keys and got to the master class like before but this time she was putting the best performances out there. I told her how much I liked them, but she would always just giggle at me because of my "Biased opinions". But her performances got so good that she got a lot of recognition and Palermo came to congratulate her. In the actual master class, Sere managed to win and she became the new Kalos Queen. When she won, I was very happy, and I took her on a special date to celebrate. Three months later I managed to get to the top 10 and Sere told me to go to Galar where I could already be close to Leon. I hesitated to leave her, but she insisted, and I figured that we wouldn't be apart for too long.

When I got to Galar I met up with Paul again and we were both aiming for Leon. At the time we only needed one more battle to be in the master class, so we had a battle and I came out the victor. A few battles later and I was locked in for the master class. A few days later the tournament of the master class would begin so I took my strongest pokémon with me (Mostly his Journeys team but with a few changes). When the tournament began, I felt nervous, but I remembered everything I had gone through and how much my friends believed in me. As I entered the arena and heard the crowd going wild, I remember how much I was smiling. I was happy, and I felt like I belonged there after so many travels. I looked at my opponent with the biggest grin you will ever see, and I took out my first pokémon...