Chapter I: Golden boy

"Absolutely not," I tell the girl in front of me, this being my third time denying this.

"Why not...?" The girl questions once again, irritating me that she isn't willing to understand where I'm coming from. "You don't have to do much, why can't you do this for me?"

I slam the locker shut, aggravated with the way she's acting right now. I don't have to explain anything to her and yet she's asking me to tell her why I won't do this as if my words aren't enough for her. I make eye contact with her, my eyes narrowing. "You don't realize what you're asking, Yuna. There's no way in hell I'm talking to him. That's final."

I walk away, going to my next class, knowing she's following behind me like a puppy. Jesus. I try to ignore her, but her stomping footsteps are echoing in my head continuously. I continue to ignore it and turn to enter the classroom and sit in my seat. Yuna follows and sits next to me, despite this not being her assigned seat. I know she doesn't understand why I'm rejecting her request but she could at least show some decency when I'm telling her I don't want to do this... But again, she doesn't understand, so I don't think I can really blame her.

I sigh, turning to face her. "Is there something you need? Class is starting soon," I say bitterly.

"Y/n, please just talk to Jungkook for me... All you need to do is ask him to tell Jimin I'm interested in him. I promise I won't ask this ever again, but please, just this once!" She holds her pointer finger up in front of her face, her posture lowering in a bow to beg me. She's incredibly desperate, I can't deny. She must really like Jimin. And that little twinge of sympathy in me is screaming at me to say yes because of it. But that means I have to talk to Jungkook, and I never want to talk to that asshole ever again. As I continue to think about this, and how unreasonable it is, I remember this is Yuna we're talking about. She would only ask me this if she really needed it, and she's not the type to take advantage of me. She hasn't in the past two years I've known her, despite the fact we haven't been close.

I think of all that can go wrong if I do what she asks. What if Jungkook laughs in my face? What if he thinks this is an open invitation to be friends again? And what if he thinks that I've gotten over what happened? I should stop overthinking... One simple question won't do much, will it? God, I hope not. Or else I'm going to be angry at someone, and that person just might be Yuna.

"Alright." I answer, holding back my urge to take it back. Yuna lifts her head with a gasp and smiles. "But I will only ask him to tell Jimin, and that is all. Am I understood?" I say with a stern voice.

She nods instantly. "Yes, thank you, thank you, thank you!" She hugs me tightly, nearly knocking the air out of my lungs in the process. She suddenly realizes and backs off, muttering an apology. I mentally roll my eyes watching her smile brightly at something so frugal. "I'll see you after class. Thank you, again!" I watch her walk to her spot near the front of the classroom, sitting in her spot.

I don't exactly know what I just got myself into, but I don't feel confident about it. Nevertheless, I already agreed. There's no way out of this now.

The students file in while I sit at my table, getting ready for class. I don't talk to anybody, but stay occupied with getting my items out. I avoid making eye contact with people in general. Making conversation with people isn't my strongest suit, so I don't have many friends. Except Yuna of course, though she really just looks up to me most of the time. I like to keep to myself because so many people are pricks ready to turn on me. I've had to learn it the hard way.

"Get to your seats, class is beginning," the professor says at the front of the classroom. Students follow his instructions, but I notice my table mate has not entered the classroom. I start to wonder if he's gone today. The teacher closes the door, and the class goes silent as he begins. There's a small ounce in me that hopes he won't be here so Yuna won't nag me about this and she might forget about it. But I highly doubt it considering her begging this morning. But still there's hope in me that I'll be able to work by myself today, with no disruptions or disturbances.