Chapter XIV: I love you

I'm sitting on Jungkook's couch, sitting with my legs crossed in a child like way, when he comes over with two cups of coffee in his hand, handing me one and sitting down. I take a sip of it, and exhale, loving the warm feeling down my throat. "You still take your coffee the same, right?" He asks, making me look at him. He's staring at me like he's scared he would be wrong.

I nod my head, "Yea." Jungkook nods his head but I can totally see how calm he is knowing I still drink my coffee the way I had it back in High School. I laugh to myself, but don't let him know I am. "So do you want to talk about last night?" He asks suddenly.

I take one more sip of my coffee before I place it down on the table and glance at him. "What about last night?"

He gives me a look and I smile. "What caused you to come here...? You seemed worked up, and you never act like that with me," he says. I don't feel like talking about my parents. But I know he's not going to get off my back if I don't...

"What do you think? They're the only people I ever want love and affection from and they refuse to give it me..."

"Did they say something?" I nod. "What did they say?"

I take a deep breath before answering. "He told me that I was a waste of time and money and that he never loved me," I respond, looking at my fingers in my lap so I don't have to look at his reaction when I say that.

"And by 'he', you mean your father?" He asks to be sure. I nod, feeling a tear slip from my eye. "Y/n..." Jungkook says, leaning over and pulling me into his chest.

"I don't know why I'm crying," I admit to him. "It's nothing new to me. He's told me these things before, I've heard everything before, I don't know why it's affecting me so bad..."

"Because, Y/n. You want his love, and the way he talks to you is wrong and shouldn't happen. Look at me," he nudges my chin forward and look at me. He wipes my a tear from my cheek. "You deserve better. You are capable of having better. This doesn't mean you are unloved, or are incapable of being loved. I love you...remember that, okay?" He speaks bluntly but gently. His eyes dance over my face as he waits for me to respond. How do I even respond?

"Okay..." I murmur, sniffling as I pick myself back up. He leans in and kisses me, and I'm caught by surprise. He's being so...emotional and affectionate...and why does he keep kissing me? He doesn't have to do that yet he does? He doesn't act like we're friends, he acts like we're together, or in the sense of, having a relationship romantically.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when he kisses me, but should it happen? Should Jungkook just be allowed to kiss me out of the blue? Even when we aren't in the process of our agreement? Our agreement was just sex and now it's something completely different... Do I want it this way? I know I want him...

Jungkook backs away and smiles at me. "You taste like coffee," he says. His smile is contagious because I catch onto it, laughing a bit.

"Let me finish my coffee and I'll give you another taste..." I wink at him before backing away to grab my coffee and drink it. He grabs the remote and turns the tv on and switches to some random show. Except, it isn't a random show...it's a show we used to watch together back then. I quickly look at him. "You still watch this??"

He nods. "Of course. I watch it all the time...do you not?" I shake my head and he purses his lips. "Wow, you're so mean. This is legendary, it made me who I am today!" He over exaggerates...

"I did that, dumbass, not the show," I comment.

"You watched it too, so it made us into who we are." He continues to stand his ground adorably, making me smile. I wave my hand, accepting the terms of defeat and sitting back, watching this nostalgic show to pass the time. We skipped classes today, so we have a lot of time on our hands.