Chapter III: Black Hole

"Your number?" Yuna asks, her eyebrows furrowing. "No, of course, not. I don't really talk to her that much," she explains, looking at me with a look of complete confusion. She's probably wondering what's going on now, but I don't know how to explain it to her. "Y/n, what's wrong?"

I try to brush off the problem, not wanting to worry her. Though I doubt the image before her could make her think something wasn't wrong. "We have class to get to." I turn to leave, and she grabs my arm, making me face her again and look at me with her peering eyes. "I'll tell you after..." I explain. She sighs, but nods and accepts it, and we're on our way to the classroom before we get into trouble and are late. I try not to be late to any class, because every teacher always has something to say — except one person. And my parents can't hear that I was late or else my father will lose his shit.

I go to sit down in my seat, noticing Jungkook's sitting in his seat per usual next to mine. After yesterday, I can't seem to remember all of his words to me. They build a fire in me, but also break me down. It makes me feel like he still cares, like he's waiting for me to explain what happened so he can fix it, but how he practically told me my reasons were bullshit hurt me a bit. But I know he doesn't mean any of it, he doesn't actually care. He just wants to get me emotional and break my heart again. That won't happen again. .

I take a seat, and pull my things out of my bag. I hate this class even though I do love it, it's just miserable for me. Because of him, I absolutely hate it now. The teacher placed us right next to each other and I have no idea why. If I had known Jungkook chose this class as well, I probably wouldn't have taken it.

I have to remember the situation that happened a few minutes ago. I need to confront him about it. Because if he did give my number to Hana, who gave my number to Suho, I might light a fire.

"Jungkook," I say his name, watching his head turn to me as he chews his lip. He scans my face and realizes I'm serious, and reciprocates. The teacher is speaking, so I have to keep it down. "Did you give Min Hana my number?" I ask once again straightforwardly.

His eyes dance around my face, processing what I just said. I don't like it because it makes me nervous. "Hana?" He asks. I'm hoping for a no, just by the way he's looking at me. He looks momentarily confused. "Oh, right. Yea, she said she needed tutoring help," he says, shocking me with his answer. "I offered, but she insisted she wanted to ask you since she wanted to make friends with you. Did she reach out?" He asks with a small smile on his face, making me want to slap him for being so stupid.

"You can't be serious," I let out, a slight scoff leaving my lips. Jungkook looks at me, confused again, not understanding what I'm saying. "Please tell me that's a joke."

Jungkook's eyebrows furrow together. "No, I'm not following."

"You believed all of that bullshit?" I ask him in front of me, my voice raising at him as I sound sarcastically amused.

"Jang Y/n, if you want to curse in my classroom, you may leave," the teacher says sternly. I throw a glare at him before turning to Jungkook and piercing my eyes at his. He sits with a blank face, looking lost with what just happened. I stand, gripping my bag and walking out of the classroom.

I go to my locker, opening it up and pulling any other books I have and putting them in my bag. I put my head in my hands as I think.

How could he do that to me? Even after all the shit he put me through, he still continues to torture me. One thing after another, it's making me lose hope in everything. I feel like I'm going to get sent down that dark hole again if I continue to talk to him. I can't go back to the drugs, or the alcohol, or the sex. I can't, I've come so far. But when I look at him and remember everything he did, and I feel like I have no other way of coping or way of feeling happy. He hurt me so much, just with his few words that changed my life making me hate every bit of it.