Chapter VII: Peace of mind

The next day...

I just got home from the university, and I'm immediately met with Cho rubbing her hair against my leg like always, and her soft purring. I chuckle, leaning over and petting her before I kick my shoes and bag off, stretching my arms over my head from the long day. It wasn't too bad, just so much work to do, and trying to make sure I stay on top of my work for my father as well. Haru comes running down the hallway to greet me, and Cho runs off when she hears him. I pet the dog too, smiling softly, and then walking away to get something to eat.

My stomach is grumbling. I haven't eaten since lunch and now that it's just past four, I'm starved.

I feel like today especially Yuna and I are becoming closer and closer. I've opened up to her about so many things, and she doesn't resent me for anything I've done in my past. It makes me happy, and different at the same time. I want to figure out how to find my self worth in myself, but I don't know where to begin... I just know being around her makes me so happy.

As I'm grabbing some food from my pantry, I hear a knock on the front door, making me confused as I wasn't expecting anybody, nor would I know anybody to come over at this time. I walk over to the door, not bothering to check who it is before, and pulling it open. I'm nearly shocked at who it is. "What are you doing here?" I ask completely confused, and honestly, rather flustered.

"Can we talk?" Jungkook asks, his hands sitting in his pocket as if he was nervous. I think it over for a second before letting him in. He's obviously here because of last night. Is he going to ask about Taehyung, or will he explain why he beat him up? I want to know why he did that, so should I take the risk? I feel like I already know the answer, and I don't want him to think I'm concerned about him or wanting him back in my life after what he did to me. But I'm too curious.

"I guess so," I say, stepping to the side. He takes a step in, and I hear Haru's loud bark invade the echoey house.

I call the dog's name and he stops his barking. I crouch down to his level and pet his head. "It's just Jungkook..." he keeps staring at him, then lets out a low growl and a bark after. I push against the dogs front, making him sit down. "Put your hand out," I say to Jungkook, glancing at him to make sure he doesn't look threatening.

I nudge for the dog to go sniff him, and he starts sniffing his hand, then moves over to his legs. Haru sniffs all of his clothes to make sure he's safe, but even when he backs up saying that Jungkook is clean, he keeps his eyes glued to him to make sure he doesn't do anything. It's almost good he does that. As if he knows I'm weary around Jungkook, even though he's just a dog.

"It's been a while... He's just not used to you," I say, walking away towards the living room. Jungkook's silent in all of this, not really saying anything. I turn and look at him, watching his emotionless, yet somehow covered in combinations of it, eyes flicker towards mine as I face him. "So why are you here?" I ask straightforwardly. I don't want to beat around the bush, and certainly with him showing up unannounced and as weird as he does.

"About yesterday..." he starts. Shit, so he's definitely going to ask about Taehyung. "Why the hell were you making out with Tae?" His words make it appear as if he was hurt I did that. But he doesn't get to control who I kiss, make out with, or hook up with. And I certainly do not have to answer him for anything he asks about my personal life.

"Why did you punch him?" I counteract with a question. I'm not feeling exactly calm with this, so I'm going to reciprocate his emotions.