Chapter XI: Stay awhile

Several days later...

"Want another?" The bartender asks me, cleaning his glass. I look up at him with sleepy eyes, but nod my head. He takes my glass and refills it with the vodka, adding a lime on the side of the glass that I never use anyway. I take it and sip it like it's nonalcoholic.

I can't even count how many drinks I've had tonight. It's probably near midnight, and I've been here for hours. I don't know exactly what urged me to go here tonight, but it's something to do with Jungkook. I'm not even my usual drunk self, who likes to dance and have guys on her, have sex and do wild things. I feel like such a depressed drunk. Something I never knew I would have to think about.

I'm drowning in my sorrows, almost literally. I'm just lucky I don't have liver failure at this point..

"Miss, I really think you should go home. It's not safe this late at night for a woman your age to be out by herself. We're closing soon as well," the bartender from a moment ago says to me, leaning on the counter. I look at him, taking a few seconds to take it everything he's saying to me. It's like it goes in one ear and out the other. "Do you have someone to call? A friend? Boyfriend?"

My first thought goes to Jungkook. Though it should be Yuna, but I know she's asleep. Jungkook might be awake, but even still I don't feel like burdening him with me. Not while I'm drunk. I shake my head to the bartenders question, and I see him sigh. Not from annoyance, but without any idea of what to do. I have no idea either.

"I'll help you out. Do you mind if I use your phone?" He asks, and I shake my head, pushing my phone towards him. I down the rest of my drink, hissing at the feeling you would expect I would be used to by now. I watch as he goes through my phone, and then stopping at something. "How about a Jungkook? They're the last person you texted today..." he looks to me for an answer, and I feel I have nothing else to say.

I can't stay here, I can't drive, and I certainly can't walk home. He's my only option at this point. I'll make it up to him somehow. Jesus, I should've thought this through before getting completely drunk at midnight. "Fine," I slur, rubbing my eyes, disregarding any makeup I'm wearing and smudging it anyway.

After some seconds, the bartender passes my phone back, and I read what he had sent. "Hey, this is the bartender from the bar near the convenience store. Your friend is drunk and we're about to close. Is there anyway you could get her?" And within several seconds of that text, Jungkook responds, "I'll be there in five minutes."

I sigh as I shut my phone off, putting it back into my pocket. I hate that I'm bothering Jungkook with this. I feel almost embarrassed about it, but what could I have done. I am most certainly disappointed though... I should've known better. I should've thought this through. And now, not only is the bartender taking care of me, I'm ruining Jungkook's night by having to take care of me again.

Jesus, I really am fucked up.

I lay my head on the table until Jungkook arrives, letting myself nap a bit. I feel a soft caress on my back, making me sit up. I see his face, but he isn't looking at me. He speaks to the bartender, and I try to understand what he's saying.

"How long has she been here?"

"About three hours. I've filled up her cup ten times throughout the night. She looked like she needed some help, so I helped her contact you. Are you her boyfriend?" He asks.

Jungkook hesitates, and I notice it slightly, even half aware of my surroundings. "No, I'm just her friend. But thanks for letting me know..."