Chapter XV: I'm yours

A few days later...

"What?!" Yuna yells out, completely shocked at what I just told her. We're driving to the bonfire where Jimin, Jungkook, and their friends are, so it's late at night and freezing. Apparently, from what Jungkook told me, it's deserted. No one will be around, and it's perfect for a hangout.

"Oh, chill out, it's nothing too serious..." I explain to her. And it really isn't. To me that is. What we have is complicated...once again.

"Nothing too serious?! You're practically dating Jeon Jungkook!"

I told her about the agreement. I felt like I had to. I don't know if I should have, considering I told Jungkook not to, and with the way she's reacting, I'm not sure if it was a good ideas. I scoff at her statement. "That's not true, we're not dating. There is no way in hell I would date Jungkook, I don't feel that way about him, nor will I ever feel that way about him. We're just friends again, that's all." I may be denying my own feelings right now, but I'm not going to admit anything. There's nothing going on and that's the truth.

"Really? You two kiss whenever, you stay at his apartment as of right now, you two are also sleeping together, and you two are always talking. Even in school, I can't walk alone with you. You two are totally dating!" She lists all of those things and my mind goes blank on how to defend myself. Can I hide it at this point...? "Look, I won't be mad if you like him... I like Jimin, I understand..."

I shake my head immediately. "No, I don't like Jungkook. We just have like a... friends with benefits situation. Nothing more..." I stutter to find the right words, gripping the steering wheel so I don't swerve off the road.

"Right... And 'friends with benefits' kiss, hug, and tell each other they love one another. Because this doesn't defeat the whole purpose of an F.W.B..." I can hear the sarcasm at my words, but I don't give her any looks so she can see my doubtfulness.

I roll my eyes. "Look, it's complicated... We were just best friends before so it's easy to tell him I love him. And the only reason we sleep together and kiss each other is so I don't do it with anybody else. I'm not proud of it... I'm sure he only kisses me because he knows how it makes me feel so I won't go after others."

"Y/n, Jungkook likes you," Yuna deadpans.

My eyes fly to hers with furrowed eyebrows. "What? What does that even mean?" I say with a scoff, like I'm trying to deny everything. Which I am.

"Why would he try to convince you to sleep with him? Why does he care so much for you? Why does he get upset if you talk to other guys? Why is he so willing to let you stay with him? And why is he always kissing you??" She pauses, and I let myself think. Oh, God. "He likes you, Y/n! How could you not see it?!"

I shake my head again and again. "That's bullshit, no he doesn't. He just feels bad for me..."

"No, you're just denying it because you like him too! Love is blind, you know" she says practically squeals like a little girl, making me groan. I don't want to listen to anything else she has to say. "And for goodness sake, he not just doing this because he 'feels' bad... It seems like he didn't mean what he said in that phone call, you aren't just a pity party..."

I sigh, my head hitting the rest as my eyes stay glued to the road. I don't want to make eye contact. I don't want her to see the doubt in me right now. I'm always scared.