Chapter IV: How your lips taste

Jungkook's POV

After what Y/n said yesterday, I can't stop thinking about it. The way she cried so hard while talking about it, I never knew I was the whole reason we split up. I still don't understand entirely why she stopped talking to me, but I know somehow I'm the one at fault.

How do I fix this? That's the question I've been asking myself for the past several hours. I feel like I can't. She looked at me with the utmost pain and hurt, and I knew then that whatever I did, it broke her. I hurt her more than anyone else did, and I don't even know what I did. But because we were so close, I can understand that whatever I would say could've had an effect on her. But I didn't realize it till now.

Whatever I did to her, I need to find a way to fix it. I need to find out, but even if I don't I need to somehow make it up to her. I want her in my life and I never wanted her out of it. So I need to get myself together, swallow my pride, and chase after her though she fights me hard about it. I need her, and she needs me too.

Distracting myself from these thoughts momentarily, I walk inside the campus gym, going to the locker room to set my things down. I have this thought in the back of my mind that I should talk to Y/n. I feel like I should, just at least to apologize for yesterday... So I impulsively pick up my phone, pressing her contact to call her. It rings and rings, until the call goes to voicemail, making me frown. I can't tell if that's because she doesn't want to talk to me, or if it's something else.

"Who were you calling?" Jimin asks, placing his things next to mine and sitting on the bench.

I hesitate, glancing at him, but disregard my pride. "Y/n, actually..." I say, knowing he's going to ask questions.

Jimin raises his eyebrow. "Y/n?" He asks. "I didn't realize you two were friends again..."

"We aren't, I was just—," I stop, not knowing how to explain this. "We talked a bit yesterday and it didn't go well. I was just looking to apologize about it."

He nods, humming as his response to that. I sigh, looking if I should text her at all. "Well, I wouldn't bother trying today. Yuna mentioned she was sick yesterday." Oh... I probably shouldn't bother her then. She wouldn't like that at all. I'll just leave her alone for today.

I change the topic, wanting to relieve the tension a bit. "Yuna said that? So you've been talking to Yuna?" I tease him, watching as he smiles a bit and gives me a smug look.

"Fuck off, Jeon," he curses at me, and I let out a laugh. "I'll meet you out there, alright?" I nod, finishing up putting my things away.

It's probably best I didn't call Y/n anyway. What would I even say to her? Apologize for being a dickhead, despite not even knowing exactly what I did wrong? That would be a shit-worthy apology. I need to find out what happened so I know what I can do to fix all of this. Either way, she's going to have to tell me at some point. If that means pestering it out of her, so be it.

I'm walking to a locker to place my items in so I can start my workout when I hear a loud conversation nearby my locker.

"We ran into each other last night. She was drunk as hell," I hear someone say, entering the locker room with a few guys. Who is he speaking about? I feel obligated to listen to what he's saying, the only reason being to see if he's a good man when he talks about this, if it's what I think it's about. "You see, I knew she would say yes. I wouldn't have asked Hana for her number if I knew she wouldn't..." What did he just say? "Yea, I fucked her senseless in the bathroom. She loved it so much we went two more times after that. I knew Y/n was still a whore, she even said we could do it again."