Chapter XVII: Drunk in you

Warning. In this chapter, there is some drunk driving, and I'm saying this now, I am in no way encouraging that behavior. It is illegal, should not be done at any moment in time, and is highly dangerous. But for the purpose of this book, and it's *fictional* world, this happens. Please understand that it is still dangerous, and do not try anything in this chapter, or take it seriously.

Thank you.

"You know, it really shouldn't take you this long to get ready... We're only going to dinner..."

"Exactly. We're going to dinner. Together. I want to look my best, because technically this is our first date. It's exciting for me..."

I shake my head. "Jungkook, you've been getting ready for an hour...that's longer than I took to get ready and I'm a woman. Date or no date, what could you possibly be doing to get ready for an hour?" I ask, laughing at him as well as he fixes his hair in the mirror. He looks great, but he looks good without all of this dressing up. I don't understand why he's trying so hard, but it's a bit amusing to me.

"I had to shower, which, thanks to you, took longer—,"

"It's not my fault you're horny all of the time while I try to use my time in the best way possible... Shower sex before our dinner reservations isn't the best way to go about this," I respond. He gives me a look through the mirror, and I smile at him.

"Then I had to dry my hair, and style it, which takes some time, and then I put on a bit of makeup just for the fun of it. Most of that time was taken up trying to pick an outfit too," Jungkook trails. "Okay, how do I look though?"

I lean against the door frame and admire him. He's wearing a classic black suit, a white button up, ditching the tie but also letting loose a couple buttons. His hair is styled normally, which I still don't understand the time it apparently took to do, but that dash of makeup he's wearing really brings out his eyes, making them seem bigger and cuter somehow. His doe eyes make me melt, and seeing the way he looks at me for approval is making me die on the inside. My chest literally tightens.

"Perfect."

He smiles, cheeks flushing a bit, before taking a few steps closer to me. "And you look even more beautiful," he says, grabbing a hold of my hand. I cringe a bit.

"Really? I feel underdressed compared to you..." I'm wearing a black, long-sleeved, velvety dress with a boxy neck cut, that comes down maybe mid-thigh, and a slight slit in the left leg. Jungkook shakes his head, but then stops.

"Here, wear my jacket with it," he says, pulling his own jacket off his shoulders and putting it over mine. After situating it, he smiles. "You look pretty. Seriously."

I make a face, but nod. "Okay... We better go before we're late though." Jungkook smiles and follows after me, walking out of his apartment and rushing to his car to get out of the cold. "You seem jittery..." he comments.

"I've never been on one of these before..." Jungkook looks at me wide eyed, but I quickly fix his thoughts. "I've been on a date before, don't worry, but not like...a dinner date where we dress up and do stuff like this. I'm a bit nervous, but also sort of excited." When I finish talking, Jungkook takes my hand into his and squeezes it gently. I look over and see him smiling.

"You have no idea what that just did to my ego." I burst out laughing at his remark, finding him suddenly hilarious even though I just admitted to never being on a dinner date. I like how he can do that. It's never awkward between us. "But seriously, I'm going to make this the best damn date you've ever been on." He smiles brightly, starting the car and pulling out of the parking lot.