Chapter Thirty-Nine - Prom

A/N: I can't believe we are on chapter 39 already and there is still sooo much storyline, omg this is gonna be a really long story so i'm really sorry guys haha! 

Dean (POV)

"That was a close one, he would have thrown his glass of wine over me for sure and then my whole outfit would be ruined." Castiel says as we both hop into my car. Cas had decided we didn't want any fancy transportation and my car was fabulous enough. I one hundred percent agree. This is the reason why i love that fat-bottomed cutie.  

I smile in response to him as i am concentrating on the road while he babbles on about Lucifer taking credit when he was 'perfectly capable of picking out his own suits for prom' and i just wanted to reach over and hug him to be honest. It was one of those days.

"You look amazing." I say, glancing over at him and shutting him up. He looks back over at me and blushes lightly before looking down at his hands.

"Thank you." He mutters in reply and smiles like an idiot at my compliment. Soon enough we were pulling into the school car park and getting out of the car and joining out friends who were all in rich suits and large ball gowns. Everyone was complimenting each other on their outfits and all around having a good time before we even went into the school.

"EVERYONE GET TOGETHER FOR A WHOLE YEAR PHOTO!" Shouted a teacher and we all bunched together and pulled different random faces, all the while me and Cas were holding hands throughout.

"You two look so damn cute in matching suits." Cried Aqua dramatically, clinging onto Adam for dear life. "I'm going to faint."

"It's like they live in a fanfiction!" Cooed Charlie who had come with DG which was short for Dorothy Gale but didn't like her full name because she thought it was for old people. 

"Yeah, but it better not be one of those that start off with your OTP but ends with your NOTP!" Aqua glared at us both while we looked on in a confused manor.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know, when towards the end of the fanfiction the couple split up or one or both of them die. Hopefully it won't happen to you two."

"Yeah.... hopefully." Smirks into camera. 

***

Everyone went inside and music was already filling the room. When Cas saw the buffet table at the end of the hall he let go of my hand and immediately ran over to it, stacking his paper plate with sweet and savoury foods.

"You go on without me Dean, i'm staying here for the rest of the night!" He called to me and bit into a chicken wing and went to go sit down with the other people who hadn't come with dates and were also eating the food. Halfway through eating, Cas went up to a biggish girl with dirty blonde hair named Kim. She wasn't the most beautiful girl, nor the skinniest and she had the confidence of a chicken nugget. I smiled when Cas extended his arm and asked her to dance and she looked as if she were ready to cry when she took it and he led her up to the dance floor. 

"Can i perhaps dance with my gay ex-boyfriend?" Lisa tapped my shoulder and i laugh at her and nod my head. We also go onto the dancefloor and have a dance together to some old-school song that everyone could sing along too. I walk over to Castiel and tap his shoulder when the song finishes and bow cornily before smiling widely as him.

"May i have this dance?" I ask him and he puts his hand on his heart and flutters his eyelashes, making a kissy face.

"Why Mr Darcy, i would love too." Cas says and i hold onto his and we move into the middle of the dancefloor as the song starts to play.